Investment Visa

Hi all,

I have a question about obtaining an extension of stay based on a 10 million Baht investment in Thailand. I understand this is not a visa but a one year extension of an existing visa. My question is - can you do this extension from a 2-month Tourist Visa, or do you need a Non-B or similar type visa?

Thanks in advance

You can do a change of visa status to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa entry based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based on investment. You would have to show the 10 million baht when you apply. The change can only be done at Bangkok immigration or one of 3 designated regional offices.

Then during the last 30 days of the entry you could apply for a one year extension of stay.

You can do a change of visa status to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa entry based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based on investment. You would have to show the 10 million baht when you apply. The change can only be done at Bangkok immigration or one of 3 designated regional offices.

Then during the last 30 days of the entry you could apply for a one year extension of stay.

Joe

Are you aware if a Work Permit can be issued on this type of Visa?

Joe

Yes a work permit can issued with a non immigrant visa entry or an extension of stay based upon investment.

• Like 1

Joe

Yes a work permit can issued with a non immigrant visa entry or an extension of stay based upon investment.

Thank you Joe.

Nice to know there are more alternatives available.

Im also cosidering the Investment Visa. As im married with a Thai it is only 6 million Baht i read. How much Intrest will i get and what Bank i have to deal with to invest the money (in special goverment Bonds) for 10 years? Can i use the Bonds as a Garantie for a Homeloan if we want to build a House on my wifes Land? In my home country you can back a Homeloan with bonds or shares if you have no proof of Income.

Will I have to build a company and employ two Thais for a workpermit as a Investor? Bonds dont create work for employs but my other investments will bring me work and income.

thanks hanspi

Im also cosidering the Investment Visa. As im married with a Thai it is only 6 million Baht i read.

You read that where ? It's 10 million Bt, married or signle.

How much Intrest will i get and what Bank i have to deal with to invest the money (in special goverment Bonds) for 10 years? Can i use the Bonds as a Garantie for a Homeloan if we want to build a House on my wifes Land? In my home country you can back a Homeloan with bonds or shares if you have no proof of Income.

Will I have to build a company and employ two Thais for a workpermit as a Investor? Bonds dont create work for employs but my other investments will bring me work and income.

You do not need to have a company to be an investor. For other questions check and ask on:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/13-jobs-economy-banking-business-investments/

Here i read: http://www.thaivisa.com/non-immigrant-visa.html : Spouse 6 million. did i got that wrong?

Not sure if that is even available anymore and it was under the board of investment.

What it means is the investor needs 8 million for their visa and then an additional 6 million for their spouse's visa and 2 million for a child's visa..

Tanks ubonjoe. So 8 million is the right number for me thumbsup.gif . I dont want to start a new business, only wish to work in the enterprises of my wife and invest aditionally some money there.

A update on this type of Visa and the special goverment-bonds rolleyes.gif woud be great.

Tanks ubonjoe. So 8 million is the right number for me thumbsup.gif . I dont want to start a new business, only wish to work in the enterprises of my wife and invest aditionally some money there.

A update on this type of Visa and the special goverment-bonds rolleyes.gif woud be great.

What ubonjoe and I are trying to tell you, is that that info is outdated and not applicable. You will not get a visa for investing 8M Bt in Thailand.

If you wife is Thai you can obtain a non-immigrant visa "O'. Then with 400,000 Bt in a Thai bank, an extension of stay for one year.

To work in Thailand the company must a have a certain minimum registered capital and 2 or 4 Thai employees.

Edited by paz

The spouse mentioned is not for having a Thai wife. It is for the spouse of a foreign investor getting a visa for their foreign spouse and having to put up an additional 6 million baht of investment for them

You don't need an investment extension since you are married to a Thai. You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. Just put 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months and get an extension. No need to show a salary or even the work permit to get your extensions.

Thx paz and ubonjoe. Outdated i had allready understud. The enterprise i want to help my wife dont need 2 employs and i dont need a salary as i have a running business at home i will go on with 4-6 month a year. But everything that is cosidered work, i.e. help my wife in the store needs a workpermit i understand. I only want to do it correct but with the 2-4 employs and registred 2 mio. company from startup its not doable for us.

Thx paz and ubonjoe. Outdated i had allready understud. The enterprise i want to help my wife dont need 2 employs and i dont need a salary as i have a running business at home i will go on with 4-6 month a year. But everything that is cosidered work, i.e. help my wife in the store needs a workpermit i understand. I only want to do it correct but with the 2-4 employs and registred 2 mio. company from startup its not doable for us.

I think that since at the moment you don't have it, get the visa and extension that at least allows you to stay and come as you please, and then go from there.

thx paz. I will ask the embassy in Bern when im ready. They told me allready its no problem for a marriagevisa plus extensions. Just looking for they right way to help and work with my wife if i come over. We both stay here in switzerland now and working together very well. I feel unconftabel when im forbidden to go one the same way in thailand and worry about wrongdoing. In 2 weeks im 50y old so a retirementvisa will be possibel to and as i will learn thai at a scool when i come, even the ED extension is possibel. But both cant come with a workpermit. I just checking the blankets befor jumping in a bed....wink.png