Visa runs back to home country only

louse1953

Was talking to a mate in Vietnam the other day and he said you can only stay in Vietnam for 6 months and then must go back to home country for 6 months and then apply again.No more visa runs to nearby countries.He is married,so ok for 5 years.Would this effect you,if it happened in Thailand?

It may have an affect on married offshore guys like myself, having to return to home country to renew the visa would be an inconvenience in my case since I'm currently working 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off, last thing Id want is to lose a week from our 4 weeks (or whatever rota were on) with our families to go travel to home country apply to make a new visa,

Also the way applying for annual extensions based on marriage is set out (length of time in country during application), the contracted time off from work makes it impossible for many of us offshore guys to apply for an extension,

Edited to add that although I currently don't require a visa to enter (4 weeks in Los each rotation) I prefer to have what I'd consider to be the correct visa for my situation,

Edited by jonnyscot