Bad ads and strategy thwart Thai tourism again

webfact

In the cities and countries mentioned tourist are charged same as locals on all things not like the standard two price system here. Yes they have there scams same as anyplace but the police don't actively target tourist as a way to increase there pay through expected bribes.

• Like 2

One of the major problems compared to Europe is distance , cost, time and no rip offs operating in droves, Thailand's reputation has preceded it and once you have a bad one no matter what you place in the travel section of Sundays papers wont alter the out come , to be honest I think most European arrivals at Swampy are only in Thailand to see and experience one of the most corrupt countries in the world and could be described at the moment in travel blogs "Thailand , the travellers guide to Happiness". Amazing Thailand.coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Is that all the writer could find to criticize the ad campaigns of late? How about the "ebola-free tourism" or asking celebrities to come and take selfies? The core problem with diminishing numbers of many kinds here is that the prime essence of Thainess is truly coming up and biting the country on the arse.

• Like 1

"The ad also seems confused about who its target is, encouraging travellers to "enjoy Thainess" by standing still when the national anthem is played in public"

My Thai friends and I never do, people can stare all they want. I am no puppet.

I still don't understand how banning umbrellas and chairs from the beaches in Phuket is "good". I am a pale farang who could not spend very long sitting out in the sun without burning to a crisp. So, the chairs and umbrellas were just what I wanted. Now, coupled with the prices charged in Phuket which I perceive as very high, and the lack of shade on the beach makes it absolutely certain I will not disturb them again in that city. Pattaya is bad enough now. They have scrunched up the umbrella sites now so that it is no longer comfortable, but I'll keep coming for a while anyway.

Using France as an indicator is ridiculous. It's the the main transit country in Europe for Goodness sake!

France is far from being the main transit country in Europe but Thailand is probably the main transit country in Asia, be it with tourists or human trade.

Although France might not be the main transit country for tourists in Europe, it might rank very high in the ranking of "immigrants" transiting rolleyes.gif .

So, what is so ridiculous to compare Thailand with France? coffee1.gif

Edited by JoeLing

Bad ads and strategy thwart Thai tourism again

Naa, it's a prevalent strain of Thainess that's doing this.

Blaming ads?

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Typical Thainess. Never look in the mirror.

"Bad first impressions could kill the appeal ..." wai2.gifwai.gif

Now, that's a bit closer to the truth.

But just scratching the surface.

• Like 1