Disney World will come to Thailand, Siam Park City CEO predicts

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. So Thailand is entitled to this, just sit back and wait for it. Nevermind the fact tgat Disney would have problems just trying to find enough talent to dress up in the character suits.

Of course. Just sit back and wait while Disney, Universal Studios et al queue up at the gate begging to be let in.

They'll all be very happy to provide 100% finance for their 49% stake, appreciate the guidance and wisdom of the Thai management team who will take full control and understand the restricted amount of foreign workers allowed into certain jobs only.

Bet they all can't wait.whistling.gif

I would be very surprised to see this happen. As much as the CEO in the article mentions would like it, who would spend millions of dollars in an political unstable country? I can certainly see why Disney would want a country in Asia to promote it's entertainment industry, like Paris, but lets be truthfully honest, at the moment Thailand wouldn't be the first choice or second for that matter.

Agree, Singapore maybe, but certainly not Thailand because of its instability.

Yawn, yeah right... Just like the exhibition day for the Tour de France and of course F1 in Bangkok...

Thailand, the hub of outrageous claims!!!!!

Build it and they will come.

Another apple pie in the sky prediction.................. https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-motor-racing-thailand-now-aiming-f1-000535136.html

Disney World and Universal Studios will open in Thailand within a decade.

When looking at how long it is taking to build the new Dino water park in Khon Kaen then it will take at least a decade to build Disney World.

Took the kids to Disneyland in Hong Kong and spent more times in line than on the rides. 1 hour wait for a 3 minute ride does not seem right.

The trick to going to Disneyland in California is to go when school is in session for kids. Spring break, summer vacation and weekends are crowded but if you hit it right you can get right on anything. This is especially true in the winter when their weather is great but not so in many other places and people aren't traveling as much.

Sounds good but will there be a fair pricing law for all races after all they will be foreign investors,,, not Thai investors that charge foreigners like a scrub bull,,,oh crap I don't think that there is a fair pricing law in LOS sad.png

I see. So Thailand is entitled to this, just sit back and wait for it. Nevermind the fact tgat Disney would have problems just trying to find enough talent to dress up in the character suits.

Of course. Just sit back and wait while Disney, Universal Studios et al queue up at the gate begging to be let in.

They'll all be very happy to provide 100% finance for their 49% stake, appreciate the guidance and wisdom of the Thai management team who will take full control and understand the restricted amount of foreign workers allowed into certain jobs only.

Plus all the stalls set up outside by enterprising locals selling moody Disney merchandise.

Things that need to be addressed before calling Disney.

• Democratic Government
  • Political stability
  • Funding 100% but owning 49% of the company
  • Declining/flat tourist numbers
  • Cancelled Thai flights to Europe
  • Large enough land close to Bangkok that is not a flood plain
  • Gouging taxi drivers...or Drivers that just won't go that far
  • Park entrance fees that are 10x higher for foreigners
  • Intellectual property laws and implementation for the Disney tat that will sold out front
  • Import duty on all the cars used in the rides
  • Thai workers that actually...well...work.
  • Etc etc etc

Once these are all sorted, I'm sure Disney will take you call.

And if Disney complain the they will slap them with a defamation charge and take the whole 100%.

After I finished laughing and got back up off the floor, I actually could see this happening at some point.

As for the characters, they're here already: Yingluck as Minnie Mouse (or the Wicked Witch of the East, depending on your political allegiances), Chalerm as Goofy, you can guess the rest ...

This is great news. Disney World coming to Thailand. And the comments by the Thai theme park "tycoon" are very appropriate. He certainly characterizes foreign investors and customers appropriately as "fish" seeking water. Thais usually use "lures" - they have plenty of lures.

Disney World executives will be thrilled to immediately arrange high level meetings with this Thai tycoon. Disney World knows that Thailand is well suited for a Disney World venue what with their intelligent, bright, English speaking human resource pool, expert Thai security management, solid infrastructure. Thais are also clean and legal - no intellectual property theft, so Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck images and merchandise are safe in Thailand. Disney World need not worry. Thailand is a good place for expansion.

Thailand already has it

adventureland -tuk tuks

frontierland - wild west Phuket

tomorrowland - I will pay you back

fantasyland Pattaya

But I doubt you will see Disney coming to rip off tourist land , they do not want the competition !

and more...

Pirates of the Andaman - Jet ski rentals

It's a small world - Thailand is center of the universe

Haunted Mansion - tour of ghost skyscrapers in Bangkok

Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Khao Yai elephants on rampage

Disneyland Railroad - Future high speed Thai/China railline

At times I think it's there already ermm.gif

Yes, sometimes the only way to describe how some things are done here, by some people, is Mickey Mouse. The propensity to always go with the cheapest material available, the lowest quality mattress, or wifi router, the cheapest tire available, the poorest choices imaginable, for the long term, is sometimes amazing. Mickey Mouse is sometimes the only way to describe those kinds of non-visionary choices.

I truly hope Disney World does not come here. And how many people are going to spend 3,000 baht on a ticket, anyway?

You just need to Google the median income for the areas where Disney has located. Then Google median income for Thailand. That will tell you all you need to know.

Pattaya is already a Disneyland for adults. I just don't understand why some try to ride every ride? Pretty soon isn't it just like seeing another temple?

Guess a normal ticket for Thai-people would be around THB 2.000 per person, meaning a Fararng would have to pay THB 20.000 per person to enter.

So a Farang family of four, would only have to pay around only THB 80.000 in entrance fees.... Yeah, it will work....! No problem!

"They'll all be very happy to provide 100% finance for their 49% stake,"

Isn't there an Amity Treaty that allows US companies 100% control subject?

"Once there's water in Southeast Asia, these investors will come to Thailand" ... well, Universal Studios went to Singapore.

BTW, if Disney comes, would foreigners be charged 10x more than Thais too?

10x more.....most likely...no.....

By the time this happen's, it would be more like....40x or 50x...for foreigners

And they would have a nice big hand, with the middle finger over Snow White's Castle welcoming all the foreigners...

Edited by Alan653

Yes, sometimes the only way to describe how some things are done here, by some people, is Mickey Mouse. The propensity to always go with the cheapest material available, the lowest quality mattress, or wifi router, the cheapest tire available, the poorest choices imaginable, for the long term, is sometimes amazing. Mickey Mouse is sometimes the only way to describe those kinds of non-visionary choices.

I truly hope Disney World does not come here. And how many people are going to spend 3,000 baht on a ticket, anyway?

You're well connected, you've got information on the proposed ticket prices already?

"Investors are like fish. Where there's water, the fish swim there," Chaiwat explained. "Disney World has opened in Shanghai and Universal Studios in Singapore because of the water. Once there's water in Southeast Asia, these investors will come to Thailand because they need to expand their businesses for their own development."

Perhaps a more illustrative "fishy" metaphor for investors thinking of expanding their business in Thailand under this "environment" would be this abandoned shopping mall in Bangkok?

photo-3.jpg