Thailand Philharmonic Free Concert in Pattaya

goatfarmer

The Thailand Philharmonic plays Pattaya, what's up with that!

I'll tell you what's up with that; Pattaya is slowly becoming a highbrow destination. Maybe a future Berlin on the sea.

Take note all you haters!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll tell you what's up with that; Pattaya is slowly becoming a highbrow destination. Maybe a future Berlin on the sea.

Berlin on sea, hmm, how's about Reeperbahn on sea!

Berlin on sea, hmm, how's about Reeperbahn on sea!

Hamburg's on a river.

Anyone know what's on the playlist?

This is a draft. The final might change. But it will give you an idea.

That playlist is a hoot.

I hope they are better than the Portsmouth Sinfonia:

Edited by SheungWan

Just a lousy location. I know a dozen classical music lovers cannot attend because of the location. Next time perhaps Bali Hai or tiffany or coliseum can donate their facility. I will have to miss this performance, a real downer for me.

Just a lousy location. I know a dozen classical music lovers cannot attend because of the location. Next time perhaps Bali Hai or tiffany or coliseum can donate their facility. I will have to miss this performance, a real downer for me.

Have you seen the location? I was just out there today. It's quite pleasant.

If transport is an issue, I suggest you discover grabtaxi.com. The 14km trip will cost you around 400 baht.

• Like 1

I'd like a front row seat for a concert of this standard. I could do with a good laugh.

But I'm sure the Philharmonic will be fine and I am hoping for an enjoyable listening experience, provided I leave before My Way...

Edited by Swamp Thing

I'd like a front row seat for a concert of this standard. I could do with a good laugh.

But I'm sure the Philharmonic will be fine and I am hoping for an enjoyable listening experience, provided I leave before My Way...

You would probably last one minute and thirty one seconds, like the recording, before looking for the exit. TPO will indeed be an enjoyable experience.

If transport is an issue, I suggest you discover grabtaxi.com. The 14km trip will cost you around 400 baht.

Being pleasant isn't the point, being in the boonies is. Being in a central location so the maximum number of people can enjoy a potentially wonderful concert should be of primary importance. Even the map showing directions from central Pattaya shows crossing Sukumwit and going up Siam country club road which is a physical impossibility.

Just heard that there will be catering at the event provided by Pattaya restaurant, Casa Pascal. Prices will be quite reasonable.

Here is a link to the menu

http://www.restaurant-in-pattaya.com/specials-and-events/culture-at-the-park-classical-music-event/

Thanks very much for the link, just had my booking confirmed by phone.

You need to book for this free event???

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Being pleasant isn't the point, being in the boonies is. Being in a central location so the maximum number of people can enjoy a potentially wonderful concert should be of primary importance. Even the map showing directions from central Pattaya shows crossing Sukumwit and going up Siam country club road which is a physical impossibility.

I am sure you can figure it out Bob ;)

yeah for low brows. :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app