Bus driver drops dead on duty in Nonthaburi

webfact

Bus driver drops dead on duty
By Coconuts Bangkok

buscrash.jpg

NONTHABURI: The driver of a bus running from Bangkok to Suphanburi suddenly dropped dead on the road yesterday, putting the lives of seven people at risk.

Bus conductor Roongruang Noramung, 30, told police he was sitting next to the 68-year-old driver when he suddenly noticed the bus drifting from the lane on Bangbuathong Road in Nonthaburi.

Roongruang looked over and saw the driver Manus Taweerawong already collapsed on the steering wheel, as the bus hit a barrier. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/10/bus-driver-drops-dead-duty

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-02-10

68 year old man as public bus driver is too much for his life. Thailand should not take advantage on Old people's life. They should limit public driver's age up to 60.

Some times i see old gentlemen driving Taxi, i appreciate their efforts, hardly they can read any small letters. and They cannot see properly in the evenings.

We have to worry something about it, and they should be taken care at home by their children, not sending them to work like this, other they can find some other job that can is easy of them to manage.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

68 year old man as public bus driver is too much for his life. Thailand should not take advantage on Old people's life. They should limit public driver's age up to 60.

Some times i see old gentlemen driving Taxi, i appreciate their efforts, hardly they can read any small letters. and They cannot see properly in the evenings.

We have to worry something about it, and they should be taken care at home by their children, not sending them to work like this, other they can find some other job that can is easy of them to manage.

This is only workable in countries where they have a good pension scheme ( Not Australia's) in H.K. they are 80 years and still out cleaning streets at 5am in the morning and doing rubbish collections , meanwhile over the other side of town the chauffeur is shinning up the Bentley's tyres.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is only workable in countries where they have a good pension scheme ( Not Australia's) in H.K. they are 80 years and still out cleaning streets at 5am in the morning and doing rubbish collections , meanwhile over the other side of town the chauffeur is shinning up the Bentley's tyres.

Indeed 80 years proud to be healthy and have a job. Atleast he is adding a value to society to clean his country. But my concern is what age is safe for him to drive a public bus ? A small mistake can cost 50 lives at least on a busy road. Think this 68 old man dropped dead on Chonburi motorway with 10 vehicles following behind ? I think the companies setting such a price for the work, he probably almost cannot break his bus.