Cycling club - group rides

clintooo

Hi

I am looking at moving to Chonburi (as the housing looks quite nice and it's close to work). Initially I will just bring a road bike until my wife and our stuff moves up, when I will also bring up my MTB.

Are there any cycling clubs or other organised group rides in and around Pattaya? I have checked strava and there appear to be a few people out riding routes nearby. But the ones I have looked at seem to be riding by themselves.

I did notice a few people riding around mid morning on the weekends, but they didn’t appear to be moving too fast. Admittedly, I was never up at 6.00am when I guess most people are out on their bikes.

Does anyone know of any group rides. I would preferably like something 2Hrs+ with a mid 30s average speed (terrain/traffic dependent). But happy to ride with anyone really.

Also any MTBing pointers would be appreciated too.

Cheers

Clint

There is a regular group that goes out every morning at around 8am. I can't remember the exact location, but it's from a soi in the 80's at a 7/11 on Suk. They are pretty hard core. Normally go from there down towards Sattahip and back. Very regular group. Anywhere from 3-4 up to 10 or so.

We meet at the family mart on Sukhumvit soi 89, just past the makro. 8am every day except 9am on Sundays.

As for mountain bikes, I'd try at Numchai bike shop in Banglamung. It's on Sukhumvit, east side of the road as you are headed into Pattaya from Chonburi. I'm sure they'd know what's going on locally.

2hr+ in the mid 30s? Is a sukumvit ride. I do the back roads of hauyai around the temples with some nice hills and around the lake. Has some nice scenery. I go by myself on sundays about 2.30 for a quick 2 hrs about 50km on my road bike. PM if you want to come one day. There is the jomtien cycling club and u can check the website out but there all old dudes on mountain bikes but can show you some nice routes.

thanks very much for the replies. I will organise a bike case and get my road bike up there. I will be on my own for a while initially so a drive up to bangkok on the weekend would be good.

once I get sorted, Ill shoot you a pm too Crickets. thanks

cycling, was one of my concerns about moving. I ride to work most days and then do Saturday and (when I'm allowed) Sunday group rides. So the thought of giving it up was worrying me. but sounds like there are some good options. I just need to fully acclimatize to the heat and humidity. and by the looks of it stray dogs :). I'm in Perth Australia so I think I have the heat bit covered at the moment.