Sukhothai historical park warns Chinese tourists

webfact

Chinese tourists warned

11-2-2558-14-29-14-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Sukhothai historic park has stepped up patrols around its 700 years old site and displayed cooperation signs after some tourists from China have acted inappropriately while visiting the place.

Increase patrols and sign boards prohibiting inappropriate behaviour came after some Chinese tourists were seen to climb over Buddha images, ancient statutes, walls, and stupas to take photographs.

As influx of Chinese tourists are expected from January to the historic park, increased patrols of the park and cooperation signboards would be displayed more, advising what should not be done while visiting the park.

The park chief Ms Nongkran Suksom said that in the past year, authorities had come across several tourists acting inappropriately while taking photographs, and they were warned.

Earlier Wat Rongkhun temple in Chiang Rai province also mandated tour operators to clean and collect garbages if their tour groups littered the place.

This measure cane after Chinese tourists had littered the place with used paper tissues and refused to collect them when were asked by the temple workers. It the came out with the order for tour operators to clean all litters left by their tour groups.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chinese-tourists-warned

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-11

And then we are moaning about increasing the entry fees to the parks for foreigners.

Chinese are also foreigners to this country.......if you didn't know it.

Costas sad to say,,, you are wrong... China and chinese are NOT falang..... they are asians and are NOT treated as monkeys like we are....

So can not see them pay any extra to enter national parks,,, thaiprice "bitte",,,,,,,,

Glegolo

• Like 2

Damn the swing in attitude, last week all about American bashing and how great a friend the Chinese horde was, this week how F.U. the Chinese are. What a political swing in attitude! Is it me our is there a change in the nationalism being propagated?

It goes to show you that Thai's have favorites - a number of years ago, a group of graduating students from the Bkk Int'l School were imprisoned for several weeks for doing the exact thing in Ayudhya. I knew two of the fathers of a few of the kids, once they got out of jail, paid the fine, Dads came at them with a switch, the kids had to cut their own. but, why aren't the Chinese "Quality' tourists being arrested for desecrating a Buddhist Monument?????coffee1.gif

Loud, Pushy, Slovenly, Litter-louts, Ignorant, Overbearing, I would rather share the parks with a pack of howling Baboons.sad.png

Thank you, rant over.

I'm afraid I have to agree with every adjective in your rant... I went to have lunch at Fuji in Central Pattaya today and I was given a table next to a dozen of mainland Chinese (mostly men). They were so loud, so rude, so revolting in every possible way that I had to ask the waitress to move me to another table

I sat there watching their circus with wide eyes, all the time thinking : "How could this be the nation that invented etiquette, manners, culture ..."

How could 50 years of Maoism almost entirely erase 5000 years of civilization ? Well, they did it ! Some achievement, huh !

It's mind-boggling, it really is.

I have seen the same at immigration - there was an orderly queue of farang and Thai waiting for the doors to open at 0830 when a bunch of 7 or 8 Chinese arrived, barged to the front and straight through the doors as soon as they opend. Everyone was too staggered to make any protest.

And then we are moaning about increasing the entry fees to the parks for foreigners.

Chinese are also foreigners to this country.......if you didn't know it.

Costas sad to say,,, you are wrong... China and chinese are NOT falang..... they are asians and are NOT treated as monkeys like we are....

So can not see them pay any extra to enter national parks,,, thaiprice "bitte",,,,,,,,

Glegolo

You are right and you are wrong. Chinese are Chin not farang (although you use the corrupted, by chinese speakers, form of the word). Farang is for european caucasians. Japanese are yipon and so on. So the tone of who is treated one way or another is addressed incorrectly in your post. I don't know if Chin etc. pay the foreigner price. I am sure Thai gatekeepers would be able to tell Thai from foreigner. Someone else may know?

brings up a memory of a few years ago I was visiting Niagara Falls with my girlfriend. The area is beautiful. One area has some pretty impressive floral displays and there was one area with big signs posted saying don't climb in the flower beds. There were several Asians standing in the flower beds posing for photos. Maybe it is just the fact they can be so free of oversight when out of their country that they sometimes act like Huskie sled dogs unchained and run like the winde.