What's my name?

mooken

Thanks AyG, these were cooked on an arristocini grill over charcoal and had a bit more of a heterogeneous texture than that of the pork balls(maybe without the lye water) I will try a few meatball recipes and see how they go. Thanks again, I think it's probably best for me to come to you first in these matters, if I ever have a question you tend to answer it, or have already answered it elsewhere in the forums.

Sorry to keep bothering you, I was wondering if you could help locate a recipe, all I've found thus far don't seem to match the flavour profile, and even when grilled they seem to have that silken texture and all I've seen have still been in balls, not the large flat pillow shape. All I've found that match the shape seem to be variations on Sai Krok Isan without a skin. I'm probably searching the wrong things so I'd be very appreciative of some help.

I think I've been sending you in the wrong direction. I should have looked more closely at the photograph. The ones at the front looked like balls to me.

Anyway, I was reminded of a recipe I made several years ago from one of Oi Cheepchaiissara's books for sai ua.

She writes "This kind of pork sausage is usually encased in skin. However, this recipe is much easier."

The ingredients are: coriander root, lemon grass, garlic, white pepper, chilli, fish sauce, sugar and minced pork.

If that sounds right I'll post the full recipe, though I'm doubtful since I don't think this is a particularly common street food.

That's fine, it was a small pic and I was wondering if you were looking at the Sai Krok Isan as it did look very much like pork balls but I didn't want to sound rude as you were helping me out. It wasn't anywhere near as floral or fragrant as Sai ua (my number 1 addiction at present) however the ingredients are much simpler than those I've used before. It may be something that was just in the tourist traps as we were traveling a little vanilla this time as we had timid backwater relatives on board. Took them well outside their comfort zone a few times but gave them plenty of mercy too. Thanks for trying to track it down though, it is appreciated.