Avoid love motels on the day of love, folks

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- Tourists or any people who don’t want uninvited publicity by TV cameras should avoid short-time or love motels on Valentine’s Day as the authorities have been instructed to closely watch the places on the “day of love”.

Apinan Suethanuwong, deputy permanent secretary for Interior Ministry, said he has ordered the provincial governors nationwide to coordinate with government agencies concerned to monitor short-time hotels.

The authorities will monitor whether women, youths or underage people have been lured, deceived or drugged to enter such hotels.

Apinan said managers of such hotels have been ordered to monitor their clients as well. If they spot any child or woman being possibly deceived or drugged at their hotel, they must alert the authorities immediately.

When the authorities are alerted, they will normally rush to the hotel with an army of reporters, including TV camera men. In that scenario, nothing could be concealed from the cameras, a tourist police source advised.

Apinan added that the hotel managers were also instructed to record all the background and details if their clients are younger than 18.

The deputy permanent secretary has also instructed all hotels to check their hotels’ safety system, including fire prevention system and fire exits.

Apinan said the provincial governors have also been instructed to monitor entertainment venues on the Valentine’s Night as children and youths may come out to visit the places and fall victims to social predators.

The people were also urged to call the Damrongtham Hotline at 1567 on around the clock basis if they spot any illegal activity.

So let me get this right General Prayuth. On 14th February I should abscond from having sex in hotels that Thailand clearly knows exist and only exist for this. I also need to be in bed by midnight in Udon, thanks to the happiness being created around the kingdom.

Thanks for everything General Prayuth

• Like 1

Apparently Feb 14th in Thailand is some kind of nation wide sex orgy. Maybe because it is the only day of the year they have sex. At least that is the scenario the government seems to be working under.

Lately the news has gone from quaint and amateurish, to bat-sh1t crazy.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1

............"The authorities will monitor whether women, youths or underage people have been lured, deceived or drugged to enter such hotels."..........

What about when it is the man who's been: lured, deceived or drugged?

No problem- just scrape away the leftovers from the spot under the balcony.

Thais seem to think that valentines day is all about sex. It's not, it's about doing something special for someone you love and that is exactly what I'm doing. I'm giving her the day to herself because she will like that and I'm off to see Aust v England in the cricket world cup with the mates.

Thais seem to think that valentines day is all about sex.

After all the Thai bashing it's nice to learn at least one member is convinced they are actually thinking.

The people were also urged to call the Damrongtham Hotline at 1567 on around the clock basis if they spot any illegal activity.

I wonder if there's any word in Thai language for the Nazi-term: "Blockwart" - btw "illegal" is everything Damrongtham considers as such.

"authorities have been instructed to closely watch the places on the “day of love”.

Since prostitution is officially illegal, shouldn't the authorities shut down the love motels instead of just watching them one day out of the year?

"authorities have been instructed to closely watch the places on the “day of love”.

Since prostitution is officially illegal, shouldn't the authorities shut down the love motels instead of just watching them one day out of the year?

Possibly because not everyone who uses one is a prostitute or the customer of one.

So much for taking the wife for a hot-tub, a rub-down, and some exercise. "You have 50 year old lady with you. She must be drugged. Old women no have boom boom. We call police."

Think we'll just go out for dinner and try for some cosy togetherness in our own aap naam. Cheaper that way. Just wish we had better water pressure. And I know the bed is clean. Lol. wub.png

Thais seem to think that valentines day is all about sex. It's not, it's about doing something special for someone you love and that is exactly what I'm doing. I'm giving her the day to herself because she will like that and I'm off to see Aust v England in the cricket world cup with the mates.

Ahhh, the epitomy of Jai Dee. I gotta put that one in my tool box for future use. lol