Hotels in Fang

Beng

The town of Fang is frankly pretty boring. And so are the places to stay, in my opinion. I was there 2 times over the past couple of months and found the best places to stay are at the hot springs, The downside is that it is about 10 klicks out of town, so having your own transport is convenient. (No easy place in Fang to rent motorbikes). Look at this link. I added the first two accommodations after visiting there. https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Fang#Sleep

Depends on what you want.

If you're actually in Fang, I know of a nice "Hello Kitty" themed place I found in 2011.

I stayed there one night. By myself. ...Not sure what that tell you about me :(

If you're visiting Fang, I do hope you speak Thai or have someone with you who does. They don't have a lot of experience with foreign tourists.

Hello-Kitty_Fang-Thailand.jpg

Finding this place is when I knew I had hit rock bottom as an independent tourist traveling without an itinerary.

• Like 1

I still prefer heading up a bit further north and spend the night along the river at Thaton. But you might want to check out some of the recommendations regarding Fang on the GT-Rider board. Fang is not as dull at night as some may think and, alas, Thaton is fading a bit as the long-tail boat ride down the now developed banks of the Kok River has become less interesting than in yesteryear.