Seeking for British English tutor for girls aged 8 and 12.

nabbie

Hi, I just hope to pick this correct forum for above subject.

I would like to seek for British English tutor who can help 2 girls aged 8 & 12 to grasp the concept of both building the sentences and speaking the basic fluent.

Tutor background should be including the teaching experience, British knowledge and the ability to provide the feedback / the homework.

Location should be in/near Phuket Town if possible.

Willing to pay up to 250B per session, 10 sessions approx with effect from early March 2015 to early May 2015. Very flexible scheduled times.

Appreciate the response in advance.

Hello. My name is Roksana.

I am a British citizen.

Have been living in Thailand for 2 years. I and my husband have arrived to phuket 1 month ago.

We are looking for a job and your position sounds interesting.

I will be in Phuket town tomorrow. Will we be able to meet to discuss your proposition?

Hello. My name is Roksana.

I am a British citizen.

Have been living in Thailand for 2 years. I and my husband have arrived to phuket 1 month ago.

We are looking for a job and your position sounds interesting.

I will be in Phuket town tomorrow. Will we be able to meet to discuss your proposition?

Hi Roksana,

Thanks for your quick response. smile.png

How about meeting at either Central Festival, Big C or Robinson tomorrow 2pm or 3pm if this will be your convenience.

Will PM you for my contact mobile (text messages only - I am born deaf & relying on British Sign Language). I am hoping your native fluency will be excellent for supporting my hearing daughters' abilities to learn English.

Hopefully we can find the best approach.

Tony

Edited by nabbie

is this a wind-up?! Roksana may well be a British citizen but she is not a native speaker…..it's the way she tells it! Of course that doesn't mean she can't teach and it doesn't mean that a native speaker would be a better teacher. But just thought I should point this out. Could be a marriage made in heaven if you are offering 250 THB per hour for two students - that's a disgraceful rate, no self-respecting teacher in their right mind would work for that.

I appreciate your concern but.... as I said earlier hope the best approach will be found...blink.png

It is a concern, Nabbie. You did say you were looking for a British English tutor. Though she may well be an excellent tutor, you might not be aware that Roksana obviously isn't a native speaker, based on her short post. I fully agree with the policy of not criticizing grammar on this forum, but this situation is different- mods if you disagree, I apologize.

I have no dog in this fight; as I said, Roksana could be excellent.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys...(British English idiomatic language)

To be precisely, do you mean you pay peanuts, you get farang monkeys... In that case, you may be right & I have never been hiring the native tutors before. Based on my experience of Thai school, I usually pay 150Baht for 3-hour session on Saturdays for Thai teacher. This supports my guess for the fair fee but afterward I realise it is not really the same.

It is a concern, Nabbie. You did say you were looking for a British English tutor. Though she may well be an excellent tutor, you might not be aware that Roksana obviously isn't a native speaker, based on her short post. I fully agree with the policy of not criticizing grammar on this forum, but this situation is different- mods if you disagree, I apologize.

I have no dog in this fight; as I said, Roksana could be excellent.

I admit it took me a little time to figure out what do you mean by "the policy of not criticizing grammar on this forum..." Ah, I now understand your concern and thanks for the kind hint. The trouble is my native English is originally from British Sign Language and it is not easy to find the right approach . However, I admire this forum that helps me to reinforce my awareness how to hire the suitable native tutor. Cheers.

I have sent you a pm.

I can't meet your price criteria and you should reconsider the notion that it takes only 10 hours to fully understand anything "fluently" and building sentences correctly.

Any background on the girls? What schools do they go to? Nationality?

In any event, I wish you the best of luck.