fever , sweating, chronic diarrhea . what could it be .

dirtycash

yesterday was on toilet around 60 times or more, today half that. have had fever now 3 days but it has gone down somewhat , fever first night was very bad with hot skin and sweating but no muscle or joint pain. 4 days ago i was in a thai style resturaunt and there was a rat running about , i am wondering if i have eaten something bad. i have been drinking a lot of beer recently so i do not know if i have food poisoning or heat stroke or indeed its been caused by alcohol.

last trip to thailand i had exactly same problem.

Bangkok belly. Travel, climate, dehydration, spices, different foods can all play havoc on stomach/system. The drinking of lots of water, electrolyte sachets and carbon tabs are my go-to items when gut sick. I'd also head to the docs to check for infection, who will likely supply you with a dose of antibiotics.

• Like 1

Sounds quite serious. I wouldn't hesitate to pay a visit to your nearest hospital and get it checked out, especially if you are in BKK or a big city. The fever would concern me as it may indicate a more serious bacterial infection. I'd go now if symptoms are persisting.

your body is telling you something ....look after me or i will shutdown totally , cleanup your act for a few months and get healthy again .... your body is meant to be nurtured, not abused ....no wonder the big pharam companies are making such huge profits !!!

• Like 1

Feeling better today. Little hot still. Toilet only 1 time today. Will get electrolyte this morning . Need to be carefull in resturaunts over here ive seen rats everywhere even in a very busy thai resturant in broad daylight dancing over plates the resturant was in middle of soi buakhao and is very busy. So taking care where i eat though i do love thai food

I always keep carbon tablets and electrolytes in my house and when I travel. If any signs of food poisoning I take the carbon to cancel and absorb any toxins or bacterial infections.

If it is bad I stop to eat, only water (and electrolytes) and lots of coal tables, with nothing inside, diarrhea, lots of coal and liquid the guts are cleaned out very well.

Important is to start slow with the food afterwards as also the good bacteria in your guts are reduced.

And it should be good (much better) in 2-3 days, if not --> Doc.

Most diarrhea gets good on itself without problems, but there are also few nasty things.

Sounds like a bad case of the Mexican two-step. The biggest danger is that you will get severely dehydrated and then your troubles will really start. Electrolytes and charcoal may not be enough. Many Thais end up in hospital on a saline drip after acute food poisoning. I urge you to see a doctor and get the proper tests and injections that may be necessary.

Sounds like a bad case of the Mexican two-step. The biggest danger is that you will get severely dehydrated and then your troubles will really start. Electrolytes and charcoal may not be enough. Many Thais end up in hospital on a saline drip after acute food poisoning. I urge you to see a doctor and get the proper tests and injections that may be necessary.

He feels better again...so hopefully it is done. If he can drink (not vomit) it is not so critical with the dehydration (considering that it is already better today).

Thanks but surely if food poisoning i would be getting stomach cramps ? Fever well down tonight toilet around 10 times today so going well lol...ive had these exact same symtoms only in thsiland 3 times in last 5 or 6 trips so im curious to know what it could be. Heat stroke ?

had same symptons twice before, hostpital put me on saline drip for few hours, still did not make me feel any better. got anti bacteril pills and imodiam off pharmacy, they are seeming to work. will take thaipod and sheryls advice and next time have charcoal and carbon pills plus elctrolytes i will be drinking every morning now.