Valentine'sDay

bangkokjulia

Happy Valentine's Day all.

Back home, whilst Valentine's Day is tolerated, it is nowhere near as popular there as it is here. I was in Foodland and the cashier said Happy Valentine's Day-unheard of back home.

My questions to you esteemed gentlemen are, did you buy anything for your wife/partner for Valentine's Day, do you plan to do anything special, or do you tell her you love her every day and therefore today is just another day? ♡♡♡♡

• Like 1

Sipi said:

"Of course I bought my wife something special for Valentines Day..

We went shopping and bought 10 kg sticky rice, chicken pieces, tomatoes, a pair of sandals, ...

And a carton of beer for me.

But I gave her the honor of unpacking the car when we got home."

So, just a regular day Sipi :)

• Like 2

I find in the UK its a personal thing between couples or someone you fancy , but over here its something to be shared with everyone.

Maybe Thais miss the point of St Valentine's being a romantic , therefore between 2 people..

I like the Thai version.. at least no one is left out.

• Like 2

Costas i admire her strength also.

8 years she must have the patience of a saint.

My wife did not receive flowers, as i am unable to get out, but i bought her a new tablet on line from Lazada , delivered to the door C.O.D.

think this is a great idea...

will buy for my wife one as wellpost-160354-0-85397700-1423912625.jpg

• Like 1

I find the whole "man-child in a nappy shooting arrows at people" as a symbol for Valentine's Day kind of creepy.

If someone came on my property in real life dressed like that, I'd turn the dogs on him.

Creepy man-child archer dude.

• Like 2

Valentine's Day is for stores to make money.I mean it's getting larger and larger every year.Just like Mothers Day 50

Years ago it was hardly mentioned.And Father's Day.Hardly ever mentioned til 35-40 years ago.It's all about spending

Money.

• Like 2

I took my wife out for a romantic dinner to Central Pattaya. What a stupid idea! It took 25 minutes driving round and round their carpark. Then we went to The Loft as they have /had a wide choice of kitchens and I fancied Indian. Another fail - they have replaced the Indian with a Russian stall! Good luck with that venture! I had a thoroughly disappointing Italian with very expensive wine followed by a 20 minute queue to get out of the afore-mentioned carpark. Next obstacle was the traffic chaos at Klang/Suk junction. My last visit for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

We started with plans bit it turned into a quiet day.....We'd had a good work out on Friday - Thai women can work hard all day long yet still be soft - strong but still body soft....That is not a complaint...Friday night she got hooked by a Japanese soap opera.... 121 episodes later at 430 we conked out....I'm up at 630 them at 730 & we exchanged Valentines...She wanted to go to Doi Suthep but fell asleep about 10-12....Went out for a nice early dinner to her fav fish restesaunt? Then went and strolled the Queens garden watching the dancers, taking pics and enjoying the dusk and nice atmosphere.....got home and she had some chocolate candy stashed and we had the traditional treat....about 800 she declared shower time and had candles and scented oil burning in the bedroom.....took our shower and then nightcapped the day with bedtime "desert" before calling it a day.....I'd had more lavish plans but it turned out just right.....

You win.

Nice.