Sophon Cable? Worst Cable TV provider?

alocacoc

Since today, Bloomberg TV is gone. Instead of them, Russia 1 is showing up. Fox News ( i would prefer CNN anyway) is freezing permanently. Even when this channel is running, audio/video is asynchronous.

So, whats wrong with Sophon Cable? Unfortunately i can't install a satellite dish here where i stay.

• Like 1

The audio/video synchronization has been off for days. Where SyFy was, a duplicate Universal Channel was running in its place (fixed now). Movies come and go, black out, come back, run in Russian on the English channel or run with European language subtitles, on and on.

What a joke!

• Like 1

Sophon are pretty good for the price. All movies are illegaly put on. I think someone goes to pattaya beach and buys the pirated cds. Have australia network. I wonder how many people watch the sports like euro basketball. Have recently put on criminal channel. The women who works there speaks perfect english but if they have problems now they put on someone else for a reason.

Do Sophon have an English speaking customer service department?

I would guess, "no." Mainly because, they would have to address grievances then.

You would guess wrong. They have people who speak English, however if its internal problem, it takes time to fix.

They also now have a marketing manager, who welcomes all feedback. If anyone wants his number, PM me and will try to find it.

Had a meeting with him and he gave me his card, so happy to share.

However from personal experience, they are having some tech difficulty at the moment in some areas, not all.

3 road is fine, Sukhumvit road has been some problems for past couple of days.

If anyone thinks 200 baht per month cable is the worst, they need their head examined, or switch over to True, where having movie channel and some english channels will cost close to 3000 baht per month

• Like 1

I would guess, "no." Mainly because, they would have to address grievances then.

You would guess wrong. They have people who speak English, however if its internal problem, it takes time to fix.

They also now have a marketing manager, who welcomes all feedback. If anyone wants his number, PM me and will try to find it.

However from personal experience, they are having some tech difficulty at the moment in some areas, not all.

If anyone thinks 200 baht per month cable is the worst, they need their head examined, or switch over to True, where having movie channel and some english channels will cost close to 3000 baht per month

Actually, the Platinum package with all HD channels costs me about 2000 Baht/month. True isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but Sophon isn't even in the same sports, let alone the same league.

• Like 2

Bloomberg is still on. There are location shuffles from time to time. I think that are in channel 23 slot tonight. Sophon has improved a lot in the past 10 years. What is your better alternative?

correct. I just did a manual scan. Found it again.

Bloomberg is still on. There are location shuffles from time to time. I think that are in channel 23 slot tonight. Sophon has improved a lot in the past 10 years. What is your better alternative?

Bloomberg on Sophon used to be worse and just provide a useless Malaysian data feed, so it has improved. However the Bloomberg signal much better on TRUE and TRUE has CNBC channel which is much better than Bloomberg around 90% of the time.

Actually, the Platinum package with all HD channels costs me about 2000 Baht/month. True isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but Sophon isn't even in the same sports, let alone the same league.

Putting aside that even with your promotional pricing its 10 times the price of Sophon, so what exactly did you expect?

However the Bloomberg signal much better on TRUE and TRUE has CNBC channel which is much better than Bloomberg around 90% of the time.

That's interesting. Years ago, CNBC was on Sophon cable. Not anymore. During US market hours, CNBC is closer on the tape. On the other-side, sometimes, CNBC talks a lot of BS, particular when they speak about huge block trades in options. CNBC now have also "Futures Now". A own channel dedicated to futures. But i guess, available only online.

In a month i will move to another place. There is a satellite dish for true already installed. May be i will find a cs server wink.png

I gave up with Sophon many years ago when they could never get sound and color together. It was either B&W with sound or color without. They also regularly cut of movie endings to put on snooker. Seems like they haven't improved much. Thank goodness for Internet and torrents.

I was just reminded of something, as I watch a movie on Sophon. They often broadcast the movie with the zoom up, so credit names, background scenery and some characters are cut in half. Laughable.

The reason I haven't upgraded or switched, is I'm not sure I'm staying around much longer. Probably leave the region this year.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

I'm sure, they are aware of the problems. Another issue, some channels shows short digital freezers. The possible reasons are, the satellite dish is not aligned correctly, the dish is to small or because of bad weather. Affected are BVN, DW, Fox News and likely more others.

Putting aside that even with your promotional pricing its 10 times the price of Sophon, so what exactly did you expect?

If what I pay is promotional then the promotion has lasted for years already. What did I expect of Sophon? Nothing. I switched to True years ago and I'm not going back (I'm not the OP).

the problem with sophon is that it is analog and not digital - by the time the signal reaches my room it has degraded and barely watchable, most likely a problem within the building and not the outside signal or a mixture of both - either way it is pretty poor with the exception of a couple of channels

Time they switched to a digital feed which could still be accomplished through cable even at the same time as the analog and do a gradual switch over

If u don't mind losing local news and have decent Internet get yourselves an android box at tuk.com and get a 250-550bt subscription with that. I Still have sophon but it's indeed awful

Sent from my S4 LTE

Edited by boike
  • Like 1

Now Fox News is gone. At this CH Thai 5CH is showing up. Can't find Fox News even on a manual scan anymore.

Just checked and I still have Fox News, same channel as it's been for years, (channel 95).

Actually, i only use to watch the follow channels regularly:

Bloomberg --> decent financial channel.

BBC

Fox News ---> for the hot milfs biggrin.png

Channel News Asia ---> great documentations about Asian related topics.

NHK ---> that's a great channel. I love their way how they convey Japanese culture. Also the show Cool Japan is nice. Expats talk about different habits in their home country compare to Japan.

BVN ---> for "de wereld draait door" and Dutch news.

DW ----> for their discussion shows

• Like 1

True gold costs 1500 baht a month ,we hardly watch most of it but its there if we want it ,nowhere near 3000 baht ,personally i think its a waste as i download everything but the wife likes the history channel and nat geo.