Defibrillators being placed at key locations

Lite Beer

Hmmm. Previous post get sent prematurely. Don't quite know how. Allow me to continue.

They can be had for as little as $600 USD. And, no, you do not need to be a health care provider to buy one. I would encourage anyone with a potential heart risk to look into this. I think you will agree that the cost is trivial given the high probability it may save your life or that of someone close to you.

I've looked into buying one of these before and never seen one offered anywhere for less than $1000.

Could you please provide a link to a source where these can be reliably purchased for $600? What brand is this cheap, and is there any reason to get a more expensive one? I would not agree with you that $1000 - $1500 is trivial for many people. That is 5 - 10 years worth of health insurance. It may be a trivial cost if you are basically wealthy and can afford it, but many can not.

You would be doing the community a favor however, if you expanded on your statement a little bit. Where did you find these low cost AEDs, and what makes one better than the other?

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely you will find one for that price here in Thailand. Since they aren't made locally and are imported, they are taxed heavily. On top of that, local distributors have a huge mark up/margin on them since they are meant to bought by companies or government. I work for Zoll Medical and the very cheapest I have seen one sold is for 50,000 baht from a distributor. We will have our own office and be selling directly by April and I believe the price will be around 30,000 or so.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images