Seven Africans arrested for duping Thai women

Lite Beer

Is the Thai media racist?

Why is it that there are relatively few articles about Africans in the Thai press, but virtually all of these articles are crime-related ones (419 bank scam, black money scam, internet dating scam)?

For once, can I see some articles about black Africans in Thailand doing things in Thailand which show black Africans in a good light?

Perhaps you could name some good deeds by black Africans in Thailand?

• Like 2

Why is it that there are relatively few articles about Africans in the Thai press, but virtually all of these articles are crime-related ones (419 bank scam, black money scam, internet dating scam)?

For once, can I see some articles about black Africans in Thailand doing things in Thailand which show black Africans in a good light?

Perhaps you could name some good deeds by black Africans in Thailand?

Well they did organise and establish a church in ONNut Bangkok (The Church of Everlasting Light),or something like,however about 100 Nigerians not exactly praising the Lord,but high on drug pushing and pimping was raided by the BiB and unfortunately the Nigerian flock rather incensed barricaded the doors,only to have them broken open by the police.

Now this may well have been a one off,however I suspect there are a lot of law breakers associated with this tribe

• Like 1

If these black Africans ever do anything good and worthy of reporting...I am sure the press will treat them fairly...

• Like 1

Is that a rhetorical question?

Just thinking out loud .... oh, and I forgot the drug pedlars.

I am not African, or even black, but wanted to give Africans a shout out.

Which leads me to wonder - which Asian country would be considered the most black African-friendly one? Perhaps Malaysia, with the Islam/Muslim connection?

Would definitely rule out Japan,they will not have them in their air space

Nothing to do with Racist, they do it all over the world, this is what they did, and this is what they want to tell the Thai people, they pop up on my Skype and email every other week, the only difference between me and the Thai women is, that I am educated enough to see a scam, and that's all there is to it, I bet there are many good Africans around, but the news is what it is, news

Edited by cookee68
  • Like 1

The marriage scam originally cane from Nigeria

And unfortunately the majority involves African men

You tube full of video's about this subject

And it's probably less than 5%

Of African doing it

But with a population in Nigeria close to 50 million

A bad story will be remembered more than a good story

African Social Media Scammers arrested by Pattaya Police

africa-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Six Nigerians and One Ghanaian were arrested by Pattaya Police on Saturday, accused of running a 10 Million Baht Social Media Scam targeting over 100 Thai women who were tricked into sending money to the men.

Police Major General Nittipong, the Chonburi Provincial Police Commander, announced the arrest of the men at a Press Conference, attended by the seven suspects, named as Mr. William Chinwedunna ages 39, Mr. Kenneth Ovuegbe ages 40, Mr. Emmanuel Ironmuanya ages 32, Mr. Uchechukwu Nwaogu ages 30, Mr. Mater Ukwugu ages 26, Mr. Udoji Anaekwe ages 31 all Nigerians, along with Mr. Kofi Mensah ages 37 from Ghana.

The men were tracked down to the LV Apartments in Soi 17 off Pattaya Third Road where Police arrested them and seized seven Laptop Computers, Eleven mobile phones and three Tablets.

The General mentioned that the men would pose as rich European men who were either looking for business partners who would receive excellent returns for cash investments or they would befriend their victims to the point where they would pursued them to send up to 200,000 Baht to a Thai Bank account which would be used to pay for customs clearance tax for 1 Million Baht ornaments the men had sent to them as a gift. The ornaments never existed and the business investments were fictitious.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/171292/african-social-media-scammers-arrested-by-pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-16

This is nothng new, and many westerners, women and MEN still falling for this scam. Those people are professionals.

Long time ago, in the US, I received an e-mail talking about a "relative" death in a car accident and etc, etc. I always deleted the same kind of messages, but one time. I tested responding and asking for the related documentation. I got it by expensive express certified mail in few days from Dubai. Looked so real that I show it to an attorney friend. He was stunned by it like myself. Those people make so much money that they will spend some to get "clients", and I can see why Thai uneducated women are selected targets. Most are dreamers. I feel bad for them.

Edited by umbanda
  • Like 1

Retirement is near. I need the names and addresses of at least a couple of those female moronswhistling.gif

They say to the ladies hansom man here needs help not and old fart like you would have no chance. Just joking but you get my points I go in peacewhistling.gif

• Like 1

The same is true for all races in that crime makes headlines, good deeds seldom do. There are people of all races contributing here in Thailand, as well as engaging in crime.

The same is true for all races in that crime makes headlines, good deeds seldom do. There are people of all races contributing here in Thailand, as well as engaging in crime.

Nigerians engaging in contributing .... well theres a first for everything I guess

They are blind to good deeds by Africans, that's why they will never report such. There are loads of Africans actively engaged in legit activities here but such stuffs are never reported.

How is it that you are so aware of these "loads" legit activities?

Just give me an example.

I have never seen Africans bringing "good" news.

This was sent to a Thai teacher friend of mine last week.

Luckily she had the brains to contact me for advice

" WELCOME TO SHS COURIER AND POST SERVICES.

We are International Diplomatic Courier Service Company that ensures a safe and smooth delivery of your valuables to make 100% sure that you receive them the time expected.

SHS Courier and Post Services Limited are hereby to inform you that your parcel left our head office today 9th February 2015 to transit in our CAMBODIA branch on Wednesday 11th February 2015 with our 9:am evening flight for local clearance before delivery.

However, your one trunk box will transit in CAMBODIA (OUR ASIA BRANCH) where Asia Government Inland tax and duty charge must be paid to our representative there in Asia for clearance before the delivery of your box. After the clearance fee is paid by you (the beneficiary), our representative will proceed and use the next available flight for the delivery.

All terms and conditions must be applied and abide before delivering your box to you.

Our Asia representative will contact you for the tax and duty charge as soon as your box arrives in Asia. You are kindly ensure to cooperate with the due process as soon as you are been contacted by our branch office in CAMBODIA to avoid accumulation of demurrage.

Please you have to reconfirm with us your FULL NAME, ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER now to enable SHS Courier and Post Services Limited deliver your parcel without any mistakes, the safety of your box is our top priority.

Hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Mr. James Lawson,

Logistics Manager,

SHS COURIER AND POST,

SERVICES LIMITED. "

I get 4 or 5 emails like this on a daily basis, fake lotteries, inheritance, and guys saying that they are bank managers and have access to dormant accounts. They are laughable

I just checked my spam box since last Thursday. I have 5 companies and 8 (personal) email addresses. I found 28 emails from those con-artists in my spam box. Today, since Sunday evening, I received 26 emails that my spam filter that didn't recognise as spam. 3 of them were from Nigerian con-artists. Women seeking love (2x) while I am already married and 1 lottery scam.

The latest scam is coming from Thailand !!! My companies are receiving hundreds per week of these scams. They are written in English and/or Thai. They all say that our ordered items that we're importing are at the customs office waiting to be released after payment of import duties. I will try to publish one on TV.

I feel after they serve their prison time they should start a consultant company to teach all the Western guys how not to get lured by bar girls. Imagine that Bar girl lure Western intelligent and educated people for all their money and the Africans lure the Bar girls for their money. I wonder who is more intelligent here?????

If you posted some positive reports, then we could get a complete picture.

I've met some who are involved in legitimate and successful exporting businesses. These guys speak Thai and they don't mess around. But because of media reports like this, coupled with racist Westerners and a poorly educated general populace, they're treated like dirt by Thais and foreigners alike. Sneered at constantly, and the word "Africa" might as well be a curse word in Bangkok.

Thai nationalism is an interesting thing. Its main sense of unity comes from denigrating its neighbors, while, if it had a national enemy, it'd probably be the 'Dark Continent'.

Appears to me that you have this all wrong. It is not because of the media reports as you suggest, but because many people from their own countries are just plain dishonest people.

Africans from surrounding countries to Nigeria are just afraid of this community of people. The Senegalese and Guineans I knew back home would not want a Nigerian in their community.