Rough guide to cost of building a house please

i am building a 88 sm house 2 bdrm 1 story for 500000baht. i am building it myself. if i pay a contractor to do what i already can do....it will cost 2.5m screw that

if you got the time and know how....build it yourself ...save your money and buy a good truck or take many nice vacations

How much is the undertable money to avoid the fine/jail time, for working without a workpermit

You do not need a work permit to do things by yourself. He is not selling any product or service. such stupidity!

Is that a valid statement? I have often wondered how the rule is interpreted. I often very visibly do "work" that a Thai could be paid to do. And an O A application and exension now very specifically states "may not do any work even for no remuneration" would arguably prohibit that. Doing a "service" can include almost anything, even to oneself. But I still do so for the sake of personal desired end result and avoidance of frustration as opposed to cost.

Have you seen the "mango" house a Farang built? It's been posted all over the Internet. If he hasn't been arrested or fined for building that himself, I doubt that anyone else would be in violation of the law. I think that the phrase "work even for no remuneration" refers to volunteer work.

I am presently building a 600 sq meter boutique resort (6 bedrooms, 6 kitchens, 11 bathrooms 5 living areas) 5 one bedroom suites, 1 studio and a gym/entertaiment room. It's being built with double q-con walls with insulation in the cavity, windows are 12 mm vs 6mm.

Originally it was 400 sq meters with a bid of 3,200,000 baht (8,000/sq meter) ....have pushed out some walls and added the bridge and 2 rooms atop. Cost now has been pushed to 4,500,000 baht (7,500/sq meter)

As has been pointed out in this thread costs from different areas can vary to build. I cannot vouch for that. What I do know is that on the eastern seaboard with a good builder my costs are indicated as above for the building that is shown below.

Key to any building project is #1....get an HONEST builder who knows what he is doing ...AND watch them like a hawk.

If you've never built before or do not know building practices....BE VERY CAREFUL as you will be viewed as a pigeon.

Good luck

attachicon.gifbeachhouse.jpg

sounds and looks good whereabouts are you, would like to have a visit.

• Like 1

Have you seen the "mango" house a Farang built? It's been posted all over the Internet. If he hasn't been arrested or fined for building that himself, I doubt that anyone else would be in violation of the law. I think that the phrase "work even for no remuneration" refers to volunteer work.

I presume your refering to the following

post-190189-0-74907000-1424402124_thumb.

Apparently he built it for $9,000 dollars (280,000 baht).

• Like 1

I am presently building a 600 sq meter boutique resort (6 bedrooms, 6 kitchens, 11 bathrooms 5 living areas) 5 one bedroom suites, 1 studio and a gym/entertaiment room. It's being built with double q-con walls with insulation in the cavity, windows are 12 mm vs 6mm.

Originally it was 400 sq meters with a bid of 3,200,000 baht (8,000/sq meter) ....have pushed out some walls and added the bridge and 2 rooms atop. Cost now has been pushed to 4,500,000 baht (7,500/sq meter)

As has been pointed out in this thread costs from different areas can vary to build. I cannot vouch for that. What I do know is that on the eastern seaboard with a good builder my costs are indicated as above for the building that is shown below.

Key to any building project is #1....get an HONEST builder who knows what he is doing ...AND watch them like a hawk.

If you've never built before or do not know building practices....BE VERY CAREFUL as you will be viewed as a pigeon.

Good luck

sounds and looks good whereabouts are you, would like to have a visit.

Appreciate your kind words.....when its done I will be advertising in the TV classifieds ....

I presume your refering to the following

attachicon.gifMango house.jpg

Apparently he built it for $9,000 dollars (280,000 baht).

Yep, that's the one.

Good luck

Looks an excellent place for that sort of money well done thumbsup.gif

Hope the holiday/rental market works out well.wai.gif

RAZZ

• Like 1