New Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen; any reviews?

rexall

Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:49 am

Hi All,

There is a new Bangkok Hospital in Khon Kaen City. Has anyone had any dealings with them? The last I heard, they were open, but not really "running on all cylinders" yet. Anything more current? I wonder if they in fact live up to their namesake?

Thanks for any info.

Thanks Rexal.

I don't have any info like you asked but I must have missed the news as I didn't know there was a new hospital in KK city

Can you tell more detail on that please?

Mon 16 Feb 2015, 3:33 pm

This was posted on the Khon Kaen Forum back in November.

Just got this email from KKEA. For those of you who like to take free tours, please note. The email has no date identified, but I did find this facebook announcement for the 10th of November. From a youtube presentation, they will have traditional thai dancing, etc., celebrating the opening.

https://www.facebook.com/BangkokHospitalKhonkaen?hc_location=timeline

Email from KKEA

Dear All,

Just got word that all members of the foreign community have been graciously invited to the grand opening of the new Bangkok Hospital in Khon Kaen. It is located on Maliwan Road near the Southern entrance of KKU.
10:30 am to 12:00pm. There will be an opening ceremony and a tour and an opportunity to talk to some doctors and such.
Sorry for the short notice-we just received the invite.
Come on down if you are free.
Thanks
KKEA

That is about as much news as I have.

BTW, yes, Bangkok Horsepital is indeed costly. The more important issue, IMHO, is if the quality of care is commensurate with the cost.

My sister used Bangkok Hospital in Siem Reap today. I had told her that care in Asia was quite cheap and used as an example that Bumrungrad in Bangkok had charged me only 5,500 baht for a one hour consultation with one of their top pulmonologists plus X-Ray plus bloods a couple of months ago.

Not so Nabkok Hospital in Siem Reap. A consultation plus bloods plus injection plus some tablets plus one hour observation (for heat and travel exhaustion) - US$ 425. Good care but big overcharge IMO. Use with care, or insurance!

Construction (complete overhaul of a former hospital) has been going for maybe a year or so.

Sep 30, 2013, first time I noticed the announcement. That was when the overhaul began:

21016570us.jpg

My first photo with the signboard from April 4, 2014, taken on Maliwan road going towards town:

21016522dd.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

I found Bangkok Hospital very good.

I e-mailed for an appointment through their web site, got a response in 24 hours and was received at the hospital with all information all ready for my card, appointmets, etc.

I really dislike KK Ram because of the waiting times and other various things that they had me go through on prior visits to them.

Bangkok Hospital has some (the two that I had consultations with) very good doctors that speak very good English. They do not hold back any punches if you have a serious condition.

The nurses that took care of me during my one day visit were very professional and courteous.

The only thing that was slightly costly was a CAT Scan, but those are expensive in any hospital. Other items were reasonably priced, or cheaper, than KK Ram. All items used during surgery, medications, etc are listed in detail for your perusal and they even give you creams, lotions, elastic bandages, etc that were not entirely used back to you. At teh end, they give you all (full) disclosure and paperwork, and a CD with all X-Rays, CAt Scan reuslts, etc on it in case you want a second opinion.

I have to return to get a biopsy done at a later date, but after talking to the doctors several times,( they were always making sure I was being taken care of correctly), I have full faith in their abilities.

They also have a reciprocal system with KKU University and Srinigard (?) hospital where if either needs anything, they help each other.

This is only my opinion, and usually only post things that I know might help someone else.

I e-mailed for an appointment through their web site, got a response in 24 hours and was received at the hospital with all information all ready for my card, appointmets, etc.

hospital where if either needs anything, they help each other.

This is only my opinion, and usually only post things that I know might help someone else. <snip>

Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:44 am

Thanks Jocose. Very helpful, the best reconnaissance I have seen so far. A lot of knee-jerk reactions dismissing the place because it is expensive. Fair enough, but it is important to have a sense of what you are getting (or not getting) for your money. On those occasions where you can get what you need by a quick trip to the "Doc-in-theBox" at the corner clinic for a few hundred baht, so be it. To get antibiotics for a run of the mill infection, I would choose the "Doc-in-theBox" over a hospital any day. But hospitals obviously have their place and it is important to have some basis of comparison so you can make an intelligent choice.

I e-mailed for an appointment through their web site, got a response in 24 hours and was received at the hospital with all information all ready for my card, appointmets, etc. hospital where if either needs anything, they help each other.

This is only my opinion, and usually only post things that I know might help someone else. <snip>

Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:44 am

Thanks Jocose. Very helpful, the best reconnaissance I have seen so far. A lot of knee-jerk reactions dismissing the place because it is expensive. Fair enough, but it is important to have a sense of what you are getting (or not getting) for your money. On those occasions where you can get what you need by a quick trip to the "Doc-in-theBox" at the corner clinic for a few hundred baht, so be it. To get antibiotics for a run of the mill infection, I would choose the "Doc-in-theBox" over a hospital any day. But hospitals obviously have their place and it is important to have some basis of comparison so you can make an intelligent choice.

+1

• 1 year later...

I have a 2cm skin cancer lesion near nose and mouth, KK Ram told me there was only 1 plastic surgeon in  KK which is not true. Since a friend was in the Bkk hospital in bkk at the time, i asked him to put me in touch with KK Bkk. Correspondence has been excellent and i have had several emails from a plastic surgeon with American Board cert. I'm going to Bkk in KK next week to have a biopsy and go from there. Don't know prices but the surgeon in bangkok told me there is not yet a plastic surgeon in KK with the skill to do this particular proceedure.

More after my trip.