Where to buy weightlifting shoes?

mjwhit

Im looking for a few pairs of weightlifting shoes. Im located in Chiang Mai but I dont believe any of the local stores stock any, and from talking to the Adidas store I dont think they can order in any either. Id be happy to be proven wrong though.

Preferably Id like to order from a store in BKK, if anyone has any info on what stores stock them so I can contact them it would be appreciated. Not to picky on brand, Nike, Adidas, Reebok or Asics.

Has anyone here been able to locate a pair from inside Thailand? If I cant find any I guess will just order from overseas, but Id prefer not to.

OK I have been lifting for 30 years and have never heard of this, just buy a good pair of shoes, tennis shoes, cross training shoes. I wear Rockport walking shoes but I also walk a lot. They are a very sturdy shoe with good support. I have seen power lifters wear work boots and others wear slippers. Just buy some good shoes.

OK I have been lifting for 30 years and have never heard of this, just buy a good pair of shoes, tennis shoes, cross training shoes. I wear Rockport walking shoes but I also walk a lot. They are a very sturdy shoe with good support. I have seen power lifters wear work boots and others wear slippers. Just buy some good shoes.

I have inflexible ankles, which makes squatting with decent form difficult. Weightlifting shoes have a firm raised heel which should help solve this problem.

You have to make some sacrifices when you decide to live in Thailand.

Put them on your wish list so the next time you leave the country you can buy what you want.

Edited by jcb2001

I have inflexible ankles, which makes squatting with decent form difficult. Weightlifting shoes have a firm raised heel which should help solve this problem.

Ohh you shoulda just said you wanted to squat in heels. I am sure some katoey can give you some size 13 pumps at a discount. thumbsup.gif

post-200208-0-95750500-1424099270_thumb.

Edited by csabo

The sporting goods department, 2nd fl., Central Chid Lom has a huge selection of shoes. I am not sure about weightlifting shoes exactly though but they're definitely worth a call.

And if all you are looking for is a "firm raised heel" then a pair of dress shoes might do the trick. You'll look a bit of a twit lifting in them but if you're big enough ain't nobody going to complain.

This is a good topic as if you wanted to get serious about running you would get some good running shoes, but cushioning adds instability with heavy weights.

I have seen amateur powerlifting meets and everyone wears Chuck Taylors', which you can get anywhere. In my gym in the US the real thuggish brutes lifted in their dirty work boots. Some also swear by wrestling boots. Many preferences out there but I do know that Olympic weightlifting shoes have a bit of a heel to help with form. I don't think I have actually seen any but you might want to check the shops.

I enjoy lifting too my friend. Not sure why people with no interest think they need to chime in on every subject or just to pour scorn on it.. sounds like one of the other posters has already given you the nod, if not surely ordering online isn't a biggie? I like Asics for running and lifting shoes. Good luck thumbsup.gif

And if all you are looking for is a "firm raised heel" then a pair of dress shoes might do the trick. You'll look a bit of a twit lifting in them but if you're big enough ain't nobody going to complain.

Or just go au naturel.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/gerry-adams-recounts-the-joy-of-trampolining-naked-with-his-dog-10047460.html

• 6 months later...

Good pair of cross trainers should do it. (Running shoes are more inflexible.)

BTW: Try front squats. You might be surprised by your form. (Use fewer plates as you cannot squat as heavy.)

• 4 months later...

Just saw this thread after googling for weighlifting shoes and looking for the same thing.

Once you start to squat + 200kg you want to make sure you have ideal shoes indeed. I was squatting for years with just flat sole converse shoes which are great, but probably also contributed to getting a very bad case of tendonitis on my knees due to the lack of heel support. Now my knees have finally healed after a couple of years and it's time to get back into it!

If anyone else knows a place where to buy them in BKK would be great, otherwise the best bet might be to order online.

• 10 months later...

pattayawhey.com  have a decent pair of weightliftng shoes. I also have bad knees from squatting heavy and I'm searching for a pair myself now. Cross training shoes are a very bad choice. Whoever recommended them hasn't done his research.

I haven't seen any here.

I have a Thai friend who competes in power lifting and he uses adidas weightlifting shoes, but he bought them on holiday in Australia. 

Personally I recommend a cheap pair of converse boots, or caterpillar construction boots from a department store. both do the job.