Pinklao

noy9000

Dear Everyone,

Is there anyone living in Pinklao? I'm wondering how it's like living in that area. Is it true that better condos (as in the condition) are available for rent at a much lower price in that place?

One of the biggest reason I like Pinklao is because there's a california WOW gym in that area - and I can have a better living condition (meaning better comfort) at a budget fee. (below 12,000THB) The other reason is because of the British Council.. I should improve my english. (LOL) I'm serious into picking up a english lang. course there.

Can the area be compared to Lad Prao or similar?

Thanks for your input. ^^

Sincerely,

Bernett

of course Thonburi is cheaper - and the further you go from the river, towards Taling Chan, the more layed back and cheaper the living will be.

I just rented out my 3 bedroom holiday home to some thai family for 10 000 baht, my sister in law is planning to rent out her own home for a similar money. It's 10 - 15 minutes drive from Pinklao and from Khaosan Rd. Two air con buses go there from Khaosan Rd - but can take up to 30 minutes. Also fast mini buses for 10 baht depart from the Central department store on Phra Pinklao towards Supanburi, just past the Southern Bus Terminal.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80264

of course Thonburi is cheaper - and the further you go from the river, towards Taling Chan, the more layed back and cheaper the living will be.

I just rented out my 3 bedroom holiday home to some thai family for 10 000 baht, my sister in law is planning to rent out her own home for a similar money. It's 10 - 15 minutes drive from Pinklao and from Khaosan Rd. Two air con buses go there from Khaosan Rd - but can take up to 30 minutes. Also fast mini buses for 10 baht depart from the Central department store on Phra Pinklao towards Supanburi, just past the Southern Bus Terminal.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80264

Oh my God! you have the dream house I'm seeking for. Is those teak houses in that area going by that price?! Unfortunately, I won't want to travel down to Thonburi (it's 10-15 minutes of walk to Pinklao) and I don't drive. My immediate concern is that it must be near to the pier (so I can take the river taxi to the main island) & it must be near to Pinklao area (within reasonable walking distance to the cineplex & shopping mall).

It must be difficult to look for such houses to rent (through english newspapers or internet). ######! I wish I can relocate earlier.

Edited by noy9000