Thai officials to allow condom sales in schools

george

Thai officials to allow condom sales in schools

Condom_rolled.jpg

Authorities had previously rejected the condom sales on the grounds that it may encourage teen sexual activity. Pic: Wikipedia.

Condom Vending Machines

BANGKOK: Thai education officials have reversed course and will allow condom vending machines to be placed in secondary schools, a report said Tuesday.

“We won’t argue if the machines are installed in schools where relevant parties and local communities believe they are needed,” Basic Education Commission secretary-general Kamol Rodklai said.

Authorities had previously rejected the condom sales on the grounds that it may encourage teen sexual activity, according to the Nation newspaper.

Thailand has some of the world’s highest teenage pregnancy rates, with 54 out of 1,000 girls between the ages of 15 and 19 giving birth each year, according to Public Health Ministry statistics.

The ministry warned that many more pregnancies are terminated in illegal abortion clinics, which are unsanitary and unsafe.

- Agencies/dpa 2015-02-17

[tv][/tv]

When are they going to learn that they need to educate the kids about their bodies changes and their options when it comes to sex. Putting condoms in schools with uneducated children with active hormones is inviting them to be as promiscuous as they want to be without any concern for their futures or their bodies.

Even if they know, the urges are still there.

Take precautions is best both.

Ask yourself if the urge and opportunity presented itself, would you give in to the urge if you didn't have a condom.

Trust me you would, "just this once"!

Make them available to everyone.

1.they should be free.

Instead of paying for all these committees to implement reform.

They could save hundreds of ruined lives by providing them to the poorest and at risk schools free.

2.condoms without responsible education(Including a dual approach of encouraging abstinance or self gratefication)is a recipe for disaster.

3. Separate sex education for boys (by male teachers) and girls (female teachers ).

4.stop separation of girls and boys in kindergarten. Instead teach boys how to be respectful when playing with girls. Teach girls how to protect themselves from boys.

If they think this is a solution for their darling little dears to be safe, then why don't they also construct conjugal rooms, complete with TVs and video instruction on how to engage safely and properly. That is exactly how utterly incompetent and idiotic I view this, and I believe conjugal rooms is very relavent to the lunacy of this "solution".. Heavens help these people if they ever find themselves actually disappointing a child with a moral and ethical reprimand, ...or actually setting the kind of example for these kids that they expect these kids to be.

There is a lot one can do for a kid's mind... long before the hormones kick in and the battle over "sex", between mind and body engages... but that has been clearly and concisely demonstrated to me that this is not a priority herel. Priority seems to be "ME" and what is affecting "ME" right at any given moment... with no thought for any other moment in time.

Looking around, I do not see much stimulus that counters the kind of behavior that constantly pervades LOS... moreover people are inundated, nurtured and indoctrinated from birth with the very thing which brings all of this about. The psyche here seems to be one huge beast that merely survives to perpetuate itself... with no outside interference from any logical, rational, moral, ethical, responsible, sane (etc.) human being. These human beings are too busy being afraid of what others might think about them if others were to know the truth of... anything.

So... allow those condom machines. Hell... provide conjugal rooms as well. That is about how stupid things go around here, and would merely be an emphasis on the angle of direction that is in this subconscious message to these darling little dears.