Phuket's Nai Harn Beach ranked No 3 in Asia

webfact

Phuket's Nai Harn Beach ranked No 3 in Asia

PHUKET: -- Thailand's beaches are featured in TripAdvisor's top 10 list for Asia, with Phuket's Nai Harn beach taking the third spot.

Travellers' Choice award-winning beaches were determined based on the quantity and quality of traveller reviews and ratings for beaches on TripAdvisor gathered over a 12-month period.

Also on Asia’s top 10 list under the 2015 Travellers’ Choice awards for Beaches are Railey Beach in Krabi (7), Kata beach in Phuket (8) and Phra Nang beach (9), according to a release by the travel web site.

"It's that time of year when most people are dreaming of lying on a beach, so it's the perfect time to unveil the world's best beaches, based on feedback from the TripAdvisor community," said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Phukets-Nai-Harn-Beach-ranked-No-3-in-Asia-30254354.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-18

Yes but don't expect to lie down on a lounger, sit on a chair, open your own umbrella, eat a picnic or smoke.

Beach activities such as standing still and getting burnt are allowed as is getting run over by a jet-ski if your swimming. If all of that is too exciting, you can fall off the close by viewpoint or get dragged out to sea in a rip current.

• Like 2

It WAS a brilliant beach back in 1978 when I first went there ... those were the days ... anybody remember I think it was 'Johnnies' (or was is Sam's or Somjai's) restaurant right on the beach ? ... fun times

Used to take almost a full day to get there from Patong - you had to go into Phuket town first, then a very bumpy ride

Edited by buzz
  • Like 1

Daily swimmer at Naiharn

The positive - no jet skis and good clean water.

Other than that probably one of the dirtiest beaches I have ever been too. Cigarette butts and other litter on and in the sand - yes they don't disappear when you butt them in the sand - and in the "pine" area.

The lake nearby should be picturesque - it is just a rubbish dump.

Don't people (and by this I mean Government and people making a living from the beach) realise that you have to work at it to have a good beach.

Someone once told me that once humans hit the beach that's when your trouble starts.

Shame it could be a brilliant beach.

So the lake nearby you refer to that most people call the lagoon, when that cesspool dumps out several times a day with the tide, where do you think that nasty water goes? I love the people splashing around in it and playing with their kids in that. Funny how no one swims in the lagoon but after that water runs under the road I guess they think it is magicly processed and safe. Gross.
Was actually talking about the nearby lake about 2km walk around it. Water from there goes under road to lagoon

Both are as u say gross. And perhaps clear water rather than clean in the ocean?

The biggest problem that I see for Nai Harn beach is that the word got out about how great it was.
And now, the crowds come.
Not enough hotels around to house all those sunbathers, so, traffic has also increased dramatically.

Maybe telling everyone how dirty it is, is the best way to keep it beautiful.

• Like 2

Daily swimmer at Naiharn

Other than that probably one of the dirtiest beaches I have ever been too. Cigarette butts and other litter on and in the sand - yes they don't disappear when you butt them in the sand - and in the "pine" area.

Don't people (and by this I mean Government and people making a living from the beach) realise that you have to work at it to have a good beach.

Someone once told me that once humans hit the beach that's when your trouble starts.

So the lake nearby you refer to that most people call the lagoon, when that cesspool dumps out several times a day with the tide, where do you think that nasty water goes? I love the people splashing around in it and playing with their kids in that. Funny how no one swims in the lagoon but after that water runs under the road I guess they think it is magicly processed and safe. Gross.
Was actually talking about the nearby lake about 2km walk around it. Water from there goes under road to lagoon

Both are as u say gross. And perhaps clear water rather than clean in the ocean?

I know what you were talking about. Its called the lagoon not the lake. If youn think the lagoon is clean please let me know when you will be swimming there so I can post some pics. Im not sure about your question as it is grammatically confusing but I can assure you clear water is not always clean water. When that nasty water gets to the sea, not the ocean, it is diluted with sea water, not cleaned by sea water.

Daily swimmer at Naiharn

I know what you were talking about. Its called the lagoon not the lake. If youn think the lagoon is clean please let me know when you will be swimming there so I can post some pics. Im not sure about your question as it is grammatically confusing but I can assure you clear water is not always clean water. When that nasty water gets to the sea, not the ocean, it is diluted with sea water, not cleaned by sea water.
That is certainly one pic you will never be taking no way would i swim in that cesspool. I have seen a couple of Thais in it when they had the baby tiger camps on the island there.

I meant that the water may look clear but it can still be polluted.

The biggest problem that I see for Nai Harn beach is that the word got out about how great it was.

And now, the crowds come.

Not enough hotels around to house all those sunbathers, so, traffic has also increased dramatically.

Maybe telling everyone how dirty it is, is the best way to keep it beautiful.

Oh, and of course, the big "BUT" ( to add my original thought on this):

But we are only a bunch of farangs living here, trying to change a culture that's been building for centuries into the one we left behind.

Do we all really want it to look like New Jersey?

Daily swimmer at Naiharn

Can't see how this is debatable or why there is an implication that I am the only one that could see this is "gross". I took these pics this morning standing in one spot not using zoom. First pic the decaying garbage in the swamp (lagoon) and the second is people swimming with children in the water way that leads from it to the sea not 100 yards away. Again, who in their right mind sees that as a great place to swim is beyond me. Forgive the tilted photo as I could not find a way to tilt it back. The point is still valid.

post-200208-0-15522200-1424333463_thumb.post-200208-0-50473000-1424333474_thumb.

• Like 1

Daily swimmer at Naiharn

Can't see how this is debatable or why there is an implication that I am the only one that could see this is "gross". I took these pics this morning standing in one spot not using zoom. First pic the decaying garbage in the swamp (lagoon) and the second is people swimming with children in the water way that leads from it to the sea not 100 yards away. Again, who in their right mind sees that as a great place to swim is beyond me. Forgive the tilted photo as I could not find a way to tilt it back. The point is still valid.

attachicon.gifswamp.JPGattachicon.gifsea.JPG

It's certainly not being debated by me.

We walk around there most days and the lower the water gets yuck.

The lagoon and the overflow are certainly 2 places i won't be swimming in

Funniest thing around there is non litter sign they put up on top of rubbish tip that they are now covering with cut down tree branches TiT.