Criminal Record Check

Was also looking into this but was told by local police you need to have it actioned first. Meaning such and such potential employer must request one and you send the paperwork over, or if needed for a visa and embassy supplies you with relevant letter to take to police. However, local police station might be wrong. Friend moved back recently into a quite high profile company and wasn't asked for one. Schools and banks more likely.

Was also looking into this but was told by local police you need to have it actioned first. Meaning such and such potential employer must request one and you send the paperwork over, or if needed for a visa and embassy supplies you with relevant letter to take to police. However, local police station might be wrong. Friend moved back recently into a quite high profile company and wasn't asked for one. Schools and banks more likely.

Thanks for your reply.

you can get a certificate of good conduct from the police headquarters alongside central world. as far as i remember they want to know your address in thailand, copy job offer letter/contract and copy of relevant passport pages. they do photo and fingerprints for you. cost 50 or 100 baht and you collect 3/4 weeks later or they will send on to you for another 50 baht of so.

some staff speak English others dont. suggest you only take your thai gf with you if you can trust her not to say something daft which is what my friend's did. not sure what she said but the police got very suspicious of him and he had to have some extra checks.

Why would anyone in the UK ask for a Thai crim check? I never heard of such a case, the UK is home to all sorts of scum bags, terrorists, serious criminals from Europe with no checks, don;t think too much.

Many employers require a criminal record check for job applicants. One can of course get a CRB certificate relating to one's life in the UK, but the Gary Glitters of this world have shown that it's not safe to assume that expats always behave themselves during their time abroad.

Why would anyone in the UK ask for a Thai crim check? I never heard of such a case, the UK is home to all sorts of scum bags, terrorists, serious criminals from Europe with no checks, don;t think too much.

Was about to say the same.......Dont red flag yourself which is exactly what you're going to do to any potential employer even if it is clean because their first thought will be why on earth did he ask for that.....!!