Rachaburi woman thanks statue with 300 pig heads

webfact

ah 2015

and people still believe that ........

this is going to be a smelly to avoid place soon

i think the dead pigs heads have more brain cells than the donor

They appear to be cooked which is usual. My family do it with 2 or 3 heads on special occasions to thank Buddha which is common, but inexplicably they also believe vegetarianism is virtuous. We non-Thais just do not understand Thai-ism and it our fault and our loss.

I still think Buddha would not approve! (But what do I know? I'm not Thai!!!!!!!!!!)

Notice how many people have jumped on the barbaric band wagon. It happened in Thailand not in your home country how many animals are slaughtered daily around the world for food? Barbaric how dare they.

The heads will not have gone to waste, this is part of the Thai culture accept and learn to get along with it, when a pigs head becomes to much then maybe its time to move on.

And severing pigs heads to put on display (to also gain face likely) isn't barbaric?

Um, she just gained 300 faces!!!

• Like 1

I wonder why she didn't donate the pig heads to poor people instead of the temples? If a poor person was starving to death they wouldn't be given one crumb left from the pig heads.

You want to knock one worshiper for what you consider waste? Hey dude she ain't a religious institution! Knock enormously wealthy big religion for waste of resources in the face of poverty if you want to play Mr. Righteous.

Besides the food is not likely to have gone to waste.

In any case you can have the pig's head. I'll take the rib roast ;)