Teaching job... tax form... discount when I have a baby?

davidst01

I recently took the tax form to the local tax office and had zero tax to pay. I asked them if I am entitled to a discount if I have a baby. My thai language skills let me down once again and unsure of the ladies answer to be honest.

I have not yet registered my marriage at the amphur but we have a precious little baby.... and thus I would like to know if the tax rate is more favourable in this situation?

thanks in advance if your able to clarify this issue for me.

I receive a larger tax allowance due to being married and another one for having a child. I believe your tax allowances increase by 15,000 for each child. However, my school waits until the following year and then claims back the tax for me. You need to fill in the relevant forms by the end of February or March so hurry...If your child has a Thai passport and was born here I think you can claim...good luck...

"I recently took the tax form to the local tax office and had zero tax to pay. I asked them if I am entitled to a discount if I have a baby."

Can I assume that want the info for future years?

There are exemptions for each family member. That would include spouse, children and in some cases your / wife's parents.

You should be able to easily find a copy of the Thai Revenue tax form in English to help you see what you can claim.

If you are working here, and have Social Security, you might be eligible to get a child allowance each month. Contact the SS Office.

• Like 1

"I recently took the tax form to the local tax office and had zero tax to pay. I asked them if I am entitled to a discount if I have a baby."

Can I assume that want the info for future years?

There are exemptions for each family member. That would include spouse, children and in some cases your / wife's parents.

You should be able to easily find a copy of the Thai Revenue tax form in English to help you see what you can claim.

If you are working here, and have Social Security, you might be eligible to get a child allowance each month. Contact the SS Office.

Yep, a deduction of tax for "financially helping" my wife's parents, who're rice farmers is accepted. If the OP has got SS, he would qualify to receive 400 baht per month for his baby.

If anybody does support his parents in law, please get a document from the Tax Department, which has to be signed by them.

Please see attached SS act.

Social security act.docx