Thunderstorms forecast in North and Isaan this weekend

webfact

Thunderstorms forecast in North and Northeast this weekend

BANGKOK, 20 February 2015 (NNT) – Twenty-five provinces have been told to brace for thunder storms predicted this weekend.

According to Interior Minister General Anupong Paojinda, the thunder storms will be triggered by the cold front lingering over the upper part of Thailand and the western winds from Myanmar.

13 provinces in the North and 12 others in the Northeast will be affected by the weather conditions. Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation officials in Khon Kaen, Sakon Nakhon, Phitsanulok, Lampang, Udon Thani and Chiang Rai have been told to be prepared for an emergency situation.

Members of the public are advised to consult the weather forecast and follow safety advice. They can also reach an emergency hotline at 1784 for 24-hour assistance.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-02-20 footer_n.gif

Finally Thailand Met. Dept. is catching up on all the other weather services. I live in Sakhon Nakhon and the forecast have been piss poor. We have had rains that are unprecedented for the last five days (not massive just rain w/thunder showers) at a time of the year when rains do come (but are usually the small mango rains). Thailand's farmers would be so much better off with a satellite or two instead of the rice support fiasco. A shame Thailand rebuked the NASA initiatiative to study weather patterns here under the last administration.

But regardless, at this time of year after four months of no rain this has been a blessing.

• Like 2

Chiangmai is forecast warming up and sunny on all the weather sites for the coming days! I guess things can change.

I'm pretty happy with the weather here in CM. The second great winter in a row.

Official low temperature this morning was 16.1 and it's always 2-3° cooler in the northwest suburbs where I am.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=2

Supposedly it has been 31-33° every afternoon, but I don't think it has hit 30° just 2 kms out of town.

A few thunderstorms though would be nice to clear the air for a few days.

I'm about an hour and a half West of Mukdahan. Its come a frog strangler here for the last three nights.

Udon Thani---buckets of the stuff 3 days now, off and on thunder storms, Garden is thriving and all the lime trees in the garden are full of flower. Ducks love it.

• Like 1