Gadget Guru

Beachbunny

Does anyone know about this line of media players. It's android for sale on Lazada...says will work with xbmc/Kodi. Not sure if it includes pre-installed software or not, but I have experience installing Kodi 14.1 on windows...and there is help on You Tube, but just wondering about the box quality and how easy to use....

It really doesn't matter which model...just wondering if anyone has any experience with the brand...but the model I was looking at is Gadget guru m8 Media box. http://www.lazada.co.th/gadgets-guru-android-tv-box-m8-quad-core-442-24-ghz-wireless-mouse-remote-control-239968.html

In regards to using the sponsored one. Don't want Amazon Fire, and the price is way too high.

I wouldn't call 'android' or 'media player box' a brand.

Probably better to refer to media players as a 'type', and there are several.

Sticks, Boxes, Set Top, Built-in, Integrated, HTPC, etc. And, sure, many are running Android, or some flavor of Linux.

A lot of discussions already occurring over the last two years in the Internet, computers, communication, technology and Audio/Visual, HiFi and Home Theatre forums.

Just use the ThaiVisa search "android box" or "internet TV".

Have you read any of those topic entries yet?

So, 3,490฿ is OK, but 4,990฿ for a preconfigured box is way too high. Got it.

While I didn't buy an M8 android box, I've purchased and configured a CS918 hdmi android box for 3,000฿. Learned what custom roms and features could be run on it.

I got it mostly for the Thai Family to watch Internet downloaded and streamed content. They've gotten used to playing with the standard android interface and lauching youtube and thai specific music and movie apps, but while xbmc would have been trivial to install they never took to that media player interface. They'd rather watch a rerun on the DVB-S2 Sat box.

But for expats these are mostly great devices. Very quiet and non-intrusive. Great HD picture.

Before buying a specific model it's highly recommended you read and research the user feedback and product specific forums for information on how well they work, or what one can do to get them to work. Just like their mobile phone cousins, an under-powered device with no real memory isn't much fun.

You need to re-read my posts. I stated the name brand is Gadget Guru. Also....I only put the link there for the brand of box. I realize there is more than one, but unless you have a better translation than I have NOTHING was CLEAR. Guess I would rather pay the cheaper price anyway.....i've already set up 14.1 on a laptop, but rather have a box......I was just hoping maybe someone had experience with this particular brand...well doesn't matter anymore.

Already done all the research I'm gonna do on the different box formats etc.. At first I though I'd get ROKU, but it has it's limitations, whereas android is more adaptable.

Guess I will just order a pre-configured Kodi g-box from Amazon and have my family send it to me....that way I know for sure what I'm getting and for sure documentation will be in English.

I wouldn't call 'android' or 'media player box' a brand.

Probably better to refer to media players as a 'type', and there are several.

Sticks, Boxes, Set Top, Built-in, Integrated, HTPC, etc. And, sure, many are running Android, or some flavor of Linux.

A lot of discussions already occurring over the last two years in the Internet, computers, communication, technology and Audio/Visual, HiFi and Home Theatre forums.

Just use the ThaiVisa search "android box" or "internet TV".

Have you read any of those topic entries yet?

So, 3,490฿ is OK, but 4,990฿ for a preconfigured box is way too high. Got it.

While I didn't buy an M8 android box, I've purchased and configured a CS918 hdmi android box for 3,000฿. Learned what custom roms and features could be run on it.

I got it mostly for the Thai Family to watch Internet downloaded and streamed content. They've gotten used to playing with the standard android interface and lauching youtube and thai specific music and movie apps, but while xbmc would have been trivial to install they never took to that media player interface. They'd rather watch a rerun on the DVB-S2 Sat box.

But for expats these are mostly great devices. Very quiet and non-intrusive. Great HD picture.

Before buying a specific model it's highly recommended you read and research the user feedback and product specific forums for information on how well they work, or what one can do to get them to work. Just like their mobile phone cousins, an under-powered device with no real memory isn't much fun.

The confusing part is that "Gadget Guru" is the name of a LAZADA Affiliate (Doing Business As).

The product you were looking at is actually known on the Internet as the "M8 Android TV Box".

More information on this and other popular Android TV Boxes can be found on geekbuying . com website.

+1 on the English documentation.

While research can be overwhelming, it can also lead you to developer communities where people with the same version box provide hints, tips, tricks and firmware advice -- making your purchase all that much more enjoyable.

My first choice is a minix box but my second choice would be the M8 box. A friend has one and the although the minix says it has more bells and whistles only difference I can tell is the Minix has better wifi ( at least for me) and minix has a very good web help forum.

The M8 is solid, a good spec and easy to use. I don't think you can go wrong with it unless you get one that has a problem out of the factory, which can happen with every brand as they are all mass produced in China.

It really doesn't matter which model...just wondering if anyone has any experience with the brand...but the model I was looking at is Gadget guru m8 Media box. http://www.lazada.co.th/gadgets-guru-android-tv-box-m8-quad-core-442-24-ghz-wireless-mouse-remote-control-239968.html

In regards to using the sponsored one. Don't want Amazon Fire, and the price is way too high.

When I look at the Lazada page referenced here I see that the seller name and store is Gadget Guru and the brand listed is Android. If you click on the store name and go to the various products that Gadget Guru sells/offers they have various Android boxes all come from China originally with the nam like M8 or Android on the box. These are all manufactured in China.

My opinion of any Android box is some work better than others. Products distributed by Gadget Guru are no better than what you buy from Aliexpress or any other vendor selling these Android boxes. SOme have XBMC/Kodi installed and some don't.

Its easy to install Kodi on any device. Minx does have a better customer service than most as it has been around longer and has a bigger customer base. I got mine from Fortune Town in BKK. I loaded TVAddsons myself as the version of kodi they had loaded didnt have have a good repository or addons. All the large cities in country have or should have dealers that can help you out.