Looking for car insurance?... this may be a useful info

umbanda

After the first year free insurance when buying my brand new Honda in May 2013, the insurance company send me a renewal offer for full insurance costing 20.000 THB/year. Shopping around and asking friends about, I bought the same policy (even with higher coverage) with a company online, but also talking with its agent. Cost me 12.000 THB/year, full insurance, no deductible, and its can be paid with credit card or in parcels.

Because was a good price, I was not sure if I will have a bad surprise in case of an accident. I had a small accident last month, and my surprise was a good one. Its service was fast and efficient, and the car was fixed at the Honda dealer. When I had a problem with the quality of work, the insurance company resolved directly with the dealer. I will use that company again, and I will recommend it without doubts.

I do not know if I can use its name here. If you need info about, send me a message.

Edited by umbanda

Obviously the checks on total insured value, excess, etc are the first things.. I found when reinsuring my wifes (similar quotes 20k ish) I could straight away drop that to 14 or so with a 5k excess. .So providing theres less than one crash a year your in the savings..

The next issue is where does the work.. The cheapo policies go to back street bodge shops.. A buddys CRV was off the road for 4 or 5 months being repaired, with no replacement car, and when it came back its for sure not straight.. All that problem for a couple of K saving.

Is anyone aware of an insurance policy / company the gives a courtesy car here?

I think the only one is Axa with 2 days courtesy car.
They wouldn't give me a car, and I had top coverage. Car was in the shop for 6 months.
So what did it say in the policy?

Obviously the checks on total insured value, excess, etc are the first things.. I found when reinsuring my wifes (similar quotes 20k ish) I could straight away drop that to 14 or so with a 5k excess. .So providing theres less than one crash a year your in the savings..

The next issue is where does the work.. The cheapo policies go to back street bodge shops.. A buddys CRV was off the road for 4 or 5 months being repaired, with no replacement car, and when it came back its for sure not straight.. All that problem for a couple of K saving.

That was my concern, but when I bought the policy, I asked to increase the coverage to 90% of brand new value (normal was 80%), to be serviced by Honda dealer, and coverage for ice storm (happens on my town last year). The increase on the premium was very small. What really impress me was for them to contact the dealer to re-do the painting job I didn't accepted. I asked that without to much hope. The dealer did it and better than expected.