MA in Education by distance education. Will it help me get a TL?

davidst01

As the title suggests I would like to know if I successfully complete an MA in Education by distance education..... will it enable me to get a teachers license in the LOS?

There is one at Nottingham uni and they call it the 'flexible' program. Its a lot of online work etc. Will the dept' who issue the TL be looking into how much online work was done for the MA? Its a lot of coin and effort to complete the MA and thus would be annoying if it didn't help with getting a license.

thanks for any opinions on this

Forget it dude. I've been a teacher here for nearly 26 years and never had a TL.

They change their requirements every 3 years or so and it's easy for an employer to hire you if they no the way around the constant obstacles the MOE put up.

If your work doesn't know how or has no influence, get a new job.

If you are that concerned about getting a TL, you can basically buy one for 50,000 B and save yourself a lot of hassle. Agin, you'll need to know someone who kows the way things work in the educational system in the kingdom.

• Like 1

Forget it dude. I've been a teacher here for nearly 26 years and never had a TL.

They change their requirements every 3 years or so and it's easy for an employer to hire you if they no the way around the constant obstacles the MOE put up.

If you are that concerned about getting a TL, you can basically buy one for 50,000 B and save yourself a lot of hassle. Agin, you'll need to know someone who kows the way things work in the educational system in the kingdom.

Buy one and save yourself a lot of hassle? Are you a Thai national?

Op, I'd wait until the TCT announces its new requirements, which seems to happen soon.

Buy one and save yourself a lot of hassle? Are you a Thai national?

Op, I'd wait until the TCT announces its new requirements, which seems to happen soon.

I find this humorous as you recently did someone's masters thesis for them. tongue.png

Sawan chan. If you have been here as a teacher with wp for 26 years then you either work in a university or language school.. By the way you're eligible for a teaching license using grandfather rights. Anyone teaching prior to 2003 with checkable work permits was grandfathered into a teaching license.

As for buying a license.. Really! Pm me details.

Edited by casualbiker

I'd complete the Nottingham PGCEi first and see if that gets you the license. From what I have heard people have used the course to get a license, and that's the road I am going down. If you wish to continue on to masters degree level after the PGCEi then you can. If it gets me a teaching license then I am going to leave it at that.

PGCEi will get the teaching license but it's £3,345. Compared to a teaching diploma online from Philippines @ 30k baht or one from Thailand, face to face @ 80k baht

The MA Ed would probably be more beneficial for EP and university teaching programs.

Edited by casualbiker

Sawan chan. If you have been here as a teacher with wp for 26 years then you either work in a university or language school.. By the way you're eligible for a teaching license using grandfather rights. Anyone teaching prior to 2003 with checkable work permits was grandfathered into a teaching license.

As for buying a license.. Really! Pm me details.

I worked for a language school for my first 14 years then moved to a university. Now I work at a private school and can't be grandfathered as my former TL from the language school doesn't count. The TLs from a language school and private/govt. school were different.

Would your Masters in Education qualify you for a Teaching Licence in the UK?

If so, then yes it would likely qualify you for a teaching licence in Thailand (Well after you did your Thai Culture, Ethics & Professional Standards course (Or whatever they re-name it to), as well as 1 year of practical teaching).

But if your masters didn't qualify you to teach in the UK, then it might not qualify you in Thailand.

(For a 100% answer, you'd want confirmation from Krusapa, but I don't necessarily know if they'd give that to you either. As the NZ version of Krusapa wouldn't give me confirmation on whether a graduate diploma from Thailand would qualify for a NZ licence or not, or even recommend institutions/qualifications which would be recognized, and I assume Krusapa would do the same).

What's the big deal in getting a teacher's license?

Out of all the English teachers I've known in many years, very few last in the 'profession' for more than 10 years.

I lasted 13 years and few old colleagues are still teaching here.

AS I see it, just get an exemption every few years from the MOE or whatever stupid course they want you to attend.

Out of all the English teachers I've known in many years, very few last in the 'profession' for more than 10 years.

AS I see it, just get an exemption every few years from the MOE or whatever stupid course they want you to attend.

You only get 2 x 2 year waivers now

You only get 2 x 2 year waivers now

Trust me, in 2 years they'll have some new requirements.