Photo-fits issued for 2 suspects wanted in South Pattaya Helipad sexual assault case

webfact

Photo-fits issued for 2 suspects wanted in South Pattaya Helipad sexual assault case

assault-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police are still investigating the disturbing case whereby an 18 year old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by 3 Thai men, who abducted her at knife-point. Her 19 year old boyfriend was held at gun point nearby and heard screams from the woman but was powerless to prevent the attack.

Police Major General Nittipong, the Provincial Police Commander is overseeing the investigation which has received national media coverage. He examined the scene on Monday Night and saw three security cameras in the area but it was confirmed that each of them were inoperative.

With the assistance of the victims, Police have issued photo-fit images of two of the gang members and they believe that at-least one of them has recently left prison as this was mentioned during the encounter at the Helipad on Sunday.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/172810/photo-fits-issued-for-2-suspects-wanted-in-south-pattaya-helipad-sexual-assault-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-24

No idea how accurate the photofits are, but they are definitely a step up from the Australian versions of same - at least the images show above seem to depict someone who could actually be part of the local population. Aussie cops need to take a look at whatever the Thais are using to generate these likenesses - I hope they catch these two, but where's gang member number three in this bulletin ?

I recall a Russian couple was robbed at this same helipad landing a few weeks back.

Perhaps authorities should close it off to the public, or construct some other safety precautions.

Always people to propose extreme solution... sad.png

The heliport itself has grilles and gates and could be closed, but it would just move the problem a few meters East. Several viewpoints and quiet areas rather popular from the Heliport to the Pattaya sign. I do like to go there at night. Nice places to take pictures. Of course there are always a bit more risks in an isolated area and at night, but certainly not a reason to close it! You would have to "close" 80% of cities areas in the world in these case, or even install a general curfew.

BTW certainly far less attacks in this area than on Beach Road or even Walking Street. Do you propose that they close these places at night too? rolleyes.gif

No idea how accurate the photofits are, but they are definitely a step up from the Australian versions of same - at least the images show above seem to depict someone who could actually be part of the local population. Aussie cops need to take a look at whatever the Thais are using to generate these likenesses - I hope they catch these two, but where's gang member number three in this bulletin ?

I wouldn't worry too much about #3. As soon as the catch any one of them, they will know who the others are in a matter of hours.

hope the authorities try computer photo match up with recently released men from prisons. Similar to matching photos with those they have at immigration.

Sadly, based on some of the people I share footpath space with here in Pattaya, I have little confidence that such a check is taking place.

One of those issued photo-fit images has a remarkable resemblance to my neighbor`s son and I saw a few hundred young guys that looked just like them when I was out shopping a couple of days ago.

I think the only chance of those guys being recognised from the photo-fits is by someone or people that personally know or are somehow associated with them. Hope they find these rapists soon, because they must have put that couple through a living hell, a trauma that will remain with them for the rest of their lives.

There just took to photos of random Burmese migrants :)