The cheapest way from Swampy to Khaosan road to Don Muang?

davedudek

This post will get pinned. Cos its the best.

So we are in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport.

All the backpackers are looking out for the AE2 bus that got finished in 2011 to Khaosan road.

I found the cheapest way, not the cheapest excluding walking, hitch hiking and using free airport buses.

There is a quick route 45 minutes.

Suvarnabhumi Airport city train line to Phaya Thai.

Shitloads of Backpackers saying we will get a tuk tuk 150 bahts outside Phaya Thai to Khaosan road.

And no I dont need to read Lonely planet to avoid scams as in previous posts. All l I have to do is have eyes in the back of my head.

Get off the train at Phaya thai sky train stop. Exit towards the bottom is a a load of rip off tuk tuks and taxi meters. Walk along the bus stops and catch the 59 bus , 14 bahts to Democracy monument. Just say to the river Khao san road.

The driver will tell you to get off. Walk over the road to the right and walk to Khao san road is in a little street junction cal khakuaw junction. The soecond street is Khao san road after a small street called Thano Tanao.

After a night in Khao san road, dont bother tuk tuk, or Taxi, reverse the trip from the night before, Democracy monument. 59 bus to Phaya Thai, sky train to Mochit, then A1 or A2 bus to Don Muang. Total 75 bahts.

Number 1 rule of not getting ripped off anywhere in the world.

Stay in a public place, travel in a public place.

Cos when your in a ping pong show by your self and someones got a knife to your face asking for money. No witnesses.

• Like 1

Quality tourists keep coming.

Can someone translate the last line please ?

Can you not get the train from the main Bangkok station , cheaper to Don Mueang if you are determined to carry luggage across half of Bangkok to save a few baht ?

mmmm air conditioning.

Edited by arthurwait

All the backpackers are looking out for the AE2 bus that got finished in 2011 to Khaosan road.

Yes they are, because there is no way any of them have access to the internet like the travel guru you are and will know this already. They are probably still wandering around the airport looking for it.

Post of the day! clap2.gif

Re: the last sentence of your post: Certainly, I do have my own issues regarding the behavior of Thai people,

however being robbed @ knifepoint is extremely rare, in either Bangkok,or any place else in Thailand, for that matter.

Perhaps you may have been referring to a previous experience you've had in Manila (for example), insteadcoffee1.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

The last ping pong show I went to was pretty crowded. However, regardingyour travel plans: pointless waste of time. Either get the Aircon bus or get a cab. Time is money. And you have less chance of being pick pocketed than on your multi public transport system.

Edited by The manic

You have a too big mouth and also are NOT correct in 3 ways:

1. first: this forum is mainly reacted by farang with Thai wives/GFs and they look down to bekpeks as being the utmost scum. Seize any chance to mow them down. There are lenty of other fora aiming your troupe.

2. FROm Swampy: take ARL 1 stop, go down, take the normal train-pretend to be Thai and its free, then any permutation train->bus. FREE bus. Just wait a little longer. Cut cost to less as half.

3.you did not mention the fact that 59 is utmost irregular and often only passes ev hour or so. Also it does NOT stop near Ph'thai, as it has to turn right into Phetburi.

But from KS-if you have plenty of time and want to see more of BKK-wait for the free ones and sit it out till it passes Don Muang. Cost: 0 bt-as long as this govmt. allows it. Or 6,5 bt for the paid red ones.

1. first: this forum is mainly reacted by farang with Thai wives/GFs and they look down to bekpeks as being the utmost scum.

Now you come to mention it...

2. FROm Swampy: take ARL 1 stop, go down, take the normal train-pretend to be Thai and its free...

How do you pretend to be Thai? Dress up like they did in The Black and White Minstrel Show?

Honestly, the mind boggles.

• Like 1

why not get off the city train from Swampy at Phra 9, then take MRT to Hualungpun..I've walked to KSR from there....but KSR is disgusting, nothing Thai about it. Vans are lined up at Mo Chit to go to DM for 20-25 THB, but they won't take you if you have a lot of stuff.

Edited by bangmai

1. first: this forum is mainly reacted by farang with Thai wives/GFs and they look down to bekpeks as being the utmost scum.

Now you come to mention it...

2. FROm Swampy: take ARL 1 stop, go down, take the normal train-pretend to be Thai and its free...

How do you pretend to be Thai? Dress up like they did in The Black and White Minstrel Show?

Honestly, the mind boggles.

Ask Tommo.