Job wanted in Sales / Customer Service

Hi , I am planning to live in Thai with my family . We are Chinese Race from Malaysia .

Me and my husband have very good experiences in Sales and Customers Service skills . We are interest into Hotel Sales and Marketing / Any Trading Sales and Tourism Example : Tour Guides . We can speak & Write in : Cantonese / Mandarin / English / Bahasa Malay / Hokkien / Hakka . Learning Thai language now . We have good experiences to deal with Chinese / Taiwanese . Any job offer please PM me ! Thanks !

I had hoped that someone more knowledgable would respond by now, but it seems we will have to wait for more definitive answers. The immediate problem I see is that tour guide is definitely a job that is off-limits to foreigners. I don't know about Hotel, Sales, Marketing, or Customer Service.Thai labor law is generally set up in such a way that foreigners cannot hold jobs that Thais are able to do. I have seen lists of the jobs open to foreigners, but don't have one handy now. You may find it in one of the "stickies" on this site, or you might do an internet search. I think there are plenty of sites providing this information in English. Your command of various languages is quite an asset. I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Edited by HAL9000

I too wish you luck but don't hold a lot of hope for you finding anything that you would be allowed to work at.

First up, you will need to get a Work Permit from the Thai Labour Department and in fact, you might try contacting them to ask for information on what you may and may-not do.

Meanwhile, I hope that someone associated with Thaivisa.com who has more knowledge than I on the subject will provide you with some advice.

(But don't hold your breath!)

Thanks ~ u guys advice are valuable to me . I am not prefer to Pattaya however there are plenty of opportunities there . Because heard lots of situation there is not safe . I hope can migrate to Thai in future . And will bring my kids study there as well too . So maybe just can look for places like Koh Samui ( if I manage to get the Diver instructor license ) or Bangkok . At the moment still look around so unable to detailed the location where I suppose to be .