Applying for marriage visa in usa to a thai national

My other half has a some what dim friend who keeps getting conned by scammers on the Internet. She claims some American guy came to visit her for two weeks who is very rich. He is going to build her parents a house in K K , marry her and take her back to the USA to manage his vast restraunt empire. He claims he has been married two times and divorced from thai wives and guarantees he can get her a visa. The people including my gfs family believe all this shit.

Myself being from USA does not believe one word of it, I do not believe one can apply in the USA for a marriage visa to a Thai national and be granted a visa for travel, especially when the guy claims to have been divorced two times fromThai females,

Please no smart ass comments this post is to convince my gf and her family that this is never going to happen.

All comments appreciated.

PS, this friend is no looker.

Just my opinion:

1. To get married "He" has to prove he can get married in Thailand through the Embassy first. After two marriage failures, not likely easy.

2. Considering he has only known her two weeks that's suspicious to start with and a big red flag and it's doubtful he can get her a Visa to the USA because of the short relationship.

3. With some one bragging about how rich he was, I'd have the parents tell him that a "sin sod" of 10 million baht is needed to marry her. Bet he walks away.

4. Real relationships take months and years before people should get married. And that is not just over the Internet,

5. Biggest problem is if she is not fluent or speak basic English she will fail in America and will want to come back. Usually takes an expensive airplane ticket. (homesickness)

6. Also some of our outstanding scumbags only want her to come to the US to enter the sex trades. It happens because she can't get a decent job and he pressures her to pay the bills.

7. True love doesn't include MONEY! Walk away.

Let me add that to apply for a Visa from the US will take up to two years because of the waiting list if she gets lucky to be accepted.

Edited by Mrjlh
  • Like 1

I'm no expert, but as long as he marries her or petitions her as a fiance I don't see a reason he could not bring her to USA.

That said, if I were her I would wonder why twice married to Thai women and divorced (even if he is legit that should set some alarm bells ringing), and I don't know if his claims are true or not but I'd be skeptical if I were her... My gut reaction is that there is something wrong here...

I'm no expert, but as long as he marries her or petitions her as a fiance I don't see a reason he could not bring her to USA.

That said, if I were her I would wonder why twice married to Thai women and divorced (even if he is legit that should set some alarm bells ringing), and I don't know if his claims are true or not but I'd be skeptical if I were her... My gut reaction is that there is something wrong here...

Appreciate your reply the problem is this very unattractive girl is a total desperate bimbo, had to convince her once not to borrow forty thousand baht to send to some scammer in Malaisia who said. He was sending her two baht in gold and a diamond wedding ring plus a ton of cash , the money according to the scammer was to pay off customs, I mention this simply to show that a lot of very unattractive females would sell their soul to marry a Farang as they think this. Is the way to untold riches, uneducated and really very dim and stupid. Living in a dream world.

Appreciate your reply the problem is this very unattractive girl is a total desperate bimbo, had to convince her once not to borrow forty thousand baht to send to some scammer in Malaisia who said. He was sending her two baht in gold and a diamond wedding ring plus a ton of cash , the money according to the scammer was to pay off customs, I mention this simply to show that a lot of very unattractive females would sell their soul to marry a Farang as they think this. Is the way to untold riches, uneducated and really very dim and stupid. Living in a dream world.

As others have pointed out, it is unlikely he would get her a visa, but it is possible.

Firstly, people say they are married to Thai ladies all the time, but in this country most don't actually go thru with the process of marrying and divorcing. Its just verbal to save face that they are living together, and so forth. So he may have had two ladies, but may not have actually been legally hitched. I had a gf for 1.5 yrs living together and we always talked to others that we were husband and wife, but we never were, just a face saving explanation.

Secondly, who knows if this guy is spouting all of the fact that he is rich and can promise visa OR....this dimwit girl and her family as you call her, are not the ones that are doing the massive embellishing. I am betting they are taking what he says and multiplying the story by 100, because that is what they do. If it is him doing the big talk, then most likely he doesn't have squat. In my experience, people with money don't talk about having a lot of money. Only wannabes say they have a lot of money.

Fiance visa are running 7 months after the applications are sent in. Marriage visas about 8 months. Its possible, but as the others mentioned it is very paperwork intensive and the requirements are not easy.

And, you are dead on about the scammers on the internet taking advantage of the stupidity in these 3rd world countries. That scam, and 100's of variations of it are continuing even though it is widely known on the internet to never send money ahead of time for anything like you described. Cars, motorcycles, jewelry way cheaper than they should be, but you have to pay customs or shipping first. Yeah right! Same as the lottery scams.....you won $1 million, but have to pay the tax first. Sure.....