Savanakhet non im O multiple trip

Hello,

now un savanakhet for a multiple O visa. Important thing, they do not deliver any visa in the same day anymore. It's now like in V, collect it the day after.

Flew from CM to udon, minivan to khon kaen 85 bht. Night there, minivan to mukdahan 240 bht, night there, tuktuk to bridge 100 bht, free entrance to Laos (due to my country), 50 bht bus across the bridge, 100 bht to new consulat. Easy at the consulat : copy of passport, Id wife and tambien baan signed, copy and original of mariage cert and 5000 bht.

Get your passport back the NEXT DAY. This is today 2pm for me, will update once done.

Cheers

I am confused. The OP has either delayed his writing til today and had wrote it the day before and then posted it on the day of visa collection or he has managed to get a visa done on the same day as he is back in Thailand??? Don't mind me I sometimes get confused easilybiggrin.png

I know it's too late now, but Phetprasert run Chiang Mai - Mukdahan buses. One change in Khon Kaen. Saves the hassle of all these minibuses.

OP has flown 2/3rd of the distance. I think that is what has saved him hassle.

• 2 months later...

Just done a successful 1 year multi entry based on marriage. Standard drills, just like mentioned above. In at 9 am, pick up at 2 pm the next day. 5000 baht. No financial proof needed.

Stayed at Avalon hotel. About a km from Café Chez Boon. 2 months old, very nice.

One word of advice, take an umbrella. The new consulate's waiting area and queuing area inside and out is in the direct sunlight and is blisteringly hot. Really cant see why they could not put a shaded area for queuing.