True Online will double broadband network

thai tech

True Online will double broadband network

True-Online-Internet-Girls-702x336.jpg

Good news for anyone that uses the Internet in Thailand, as True Online, the Internet arm of True Corporation, has announced a 15 billion baht investment to double its fibre-optic broadband service in order to meet increased demand.

True Online is Thailand’s largest broadband company, and the move is largely considered a pre-emptive strike on the mobile leader AIS, which plans to launch its fibre to the home broadband service next week.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/true-online-to-double-broadband-network/5685/

Are they increasing the capacity into Thailand, or just doubling the number of subscribers on their already overloaded system?

Thailand's main problem is the limited overseas bandwidth. Singapore has 10 times the international bandwidth that Thailand has. Until the international capacity is increased, broadband will just continue to deterioate in Thaland as the ISPs seek to increase their subscriber numbers.

• Like 1

True installed cable TV and internet in my Bangkok moobaan in mid 2011, with DOCSIS speeds initially up to 100Mb and now up to 200Mb. A contractor is now stringing fiber optic cable in the moobaan...while walking the dog with the Thai wife I had the wife ask the contractor who they are stringing the fiber optic cable for...the answer was True Broadband. I've surprised True is putting fiber optics in the moobaan since they kinda recently installed cable TV/internet which as mentioned already provides high speed internet.

In 2012 TOT strung fiber to the moobaan also but only the central junction boxes within the moobaan...from those points they will run ADSL copper line to your residence for speeds up to 20Mb. Before they ran the fiber a person could only get ADSL up to 6Mb.