Beware 3BB terms

kingalfred

Had 3BB internet for 10 months on a one year contract now in a condo and moving to another apartment in same building. So want to move the internet service to the new place. Have to pay a charge to do this(ok accept),but 3BB say the contract has to go back to zero for another 12 months. What a crazy way to run a business and a sure fire way of losing customers. time to switch,any suggestions for a minimum 6 month deal?

• Like 1

I will move next month to another condo. I just went to a 3bb shop in Pattaya. They only charge 100 Baht for the change and ask for a passport copy. It will not affect the current contract. When you say, the contract go back to zero, does it also mean that you have to pay a deposit for several months again? It's not my first time i move to another place. Never had such a issue.

Just a word of advice...resetting contract every year is good.

Alternative is often paying year old prices for year old service when better is available cheaper now.

Obviously only applies if you are staying multiple years.

Personally my house leases are year or multiples so fresh year internets work nicely.

• Like 1

When we moved house, 3BB moved the connection for free (in one day), the contract remained the same but we started again for another 12 months minimum rental period.

In the UK, Sky and Virgin charge a substantial fee to move your connection, take up to 2 weeks to do it and you sign up on a new contract for 12 months min.

Edited by rawhod

When I wanted to cancel my contract with 3B, after the year was up, I went there the first day of the billing period and they would not let me cancel unless I paid for that month since the clerk told me that I should have come in a week before to cancel

Needless to say I have never been back and I am sure my credit rating in Thailand is ruined cheesy.gif

Just a word of advice...resetting contract every year is good.

That's nonsense. At least refer to internet contracts from 3bb. Even worse, after cancel and doing a new contract, you have to pay the deposit again. Makes no sense. Not at all.

• Like 1

Have the account put in a Thais name, and you will not be locked into a year contract. The deposit will only be for the equipment

Our 3BB account is in my wife's name. She uses my surname. Only extra paid was for their modem and no contract

• Like 1

Have the account put in a Thais name, and you will not be locked into a year contract. The deposit will only be for the equipment

Our 3BB account is in my wife's name. She uses my surname. Only extra paid was for their modem and no contract

Surname didn't matter the fact that she had a Thai ID card is what counts for no contract