Reentry permit at same time as retirement extension?

Hi all, need to renew my retirement extension this coming week at Jomtien.

I need a reentry permit also. Can I hand in the paperwork for the reentry permit at the same time as I hand in the retirement paperwork? So that I can collect the (British) passport with the renewed retirement extension with the reentry permit all done? or do I need to do them separately?

Simon

Depends on your local Immigration office. I used to do both at one sit-down session at Sam Koke, Pathum Thani, quick and easy. Then they introduced the queue number system, so first do the Extension, then queue up again for Re-Entry Permit. Takes longer but last month I was still back out the door in a bit less than an hour.

Mac

• Like 1

FYI for phuket

u get your extension first

than have to go downstairs an get another number and apply for your re entry

problem is when u apply for your extension its not done while you wait, but you need come back AFTER 2:30 that day, so maybe not enough time to get your re entry

Or if you apply afternoon you need to come back the NEXT afternoon after 2;30

Last year, extension/ re entry in and out in less than 30 minutes ;-(

• Like 1

At Jomtien it is not possible to do it the same day because when you go for the extension you have to return the following day to pick up your passport, at which point you can get the re-entry permit.

Edited by frodo77
  • Like 1

maybe if you can leave it to the first 90 day report that would save a trip.

Well, as Frodo said (and my experience in December ... the passport collection timing seems to change from year to year) you have to return the next day to collect your passport with the extension stamp ... and you don't want to apply for a re-entry permit until you have the new extension since the re-entry permit expires when your current extension expires. So he'll need to make that extra trip to collect the passport anyway.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

I did exactly what you want to do last year at Jomtien, they made me come back the next day and collect my passport and then go stand in the queue and apply for the reentry permit.

So unless something has changed then the answer to your question is no.

I was in there last Wednesday to renew my retirement extension and everything has been moved around in there, the seating is all down the centre of the room and the service desks are all around the walls, thought I was in the wrong place at first and I had to come back next day to collect my passport, same as last year.

Edited by Pungdo

Isn't it fairly easy to do this at the departure airport? Hopefully so, as I do not wish to go back to the extremely overcrowded immigration office here in Chiang Mai. I would much rather get one just before my international departure at the airport (in Chiang Mai). Easier or not?

Edited by slipperylobster

In Bangkok you have to get the retirement first then go to the re entry desk. I have someone get the re entry slip when I start at the desk .clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to default font

In Sri Racha (Chonburi) they do it. One catch, though, first you get the extension of stay, then you have to get get a copy of that extension, filling out the form and back to the Immigration office.I had to que for the extension of stay but they took my Passport and documents for the re-entry visa when I entered the room.

In Sri Racha (Chonburi) they do it. One catch, though, first you get the extension of stay, then you have to get get a copy of that extension, filling out the form and back to the Immigration office.I had to que for the extension of stay but they took my Passport and documents for the re-entry visa when I entered the room.

Sri Racha tend to be a good office. They have an obsessive fascination with copies of everything. Whenever I go (which is as infrequently as possible) I take triple copies of everything. They often think of something else that needs copying though. They have a copy service in the other building.

For me in Bangkok do both the same day at the "Big Fun House" on Chaengwattana Road. Extension first and after lunch the Re-Entry.

Dear General/PM, Please arrange so I do this every five years instead of every year, Farang Pay same money, just save the hassle every year !!

Thanks and God Bless !! PS: Keep flushing until the water is clear !!

Sri Racha tend to be a good office. They have an obsessive fascination with copies of everything. Whenever I go (which is as infrequently as possible) I take triple copies of everything. They often think of something else that needs copying though. They have a copy service in the other building.

When I go to Sriracha, I hand in everything with copies of both apps. First they do the extension, then they do the re-entry. If arriving early and first or second on line, I'm in & out in about 30 minutes.

FYI for phuket

problem is when u apply for your extension its not done while you wait, but you need come back AFTER 2:30 that day, so maybe not enough time to get your re entry

This year 8,30 till 4pm !

The requirement that you must present a photocopy of your new visa with your application for a Multi-Entry Permit makes impossible to process them simultaneously

The requirement that you must present a photocopy of your new visa with your application

for a Multi-Entry Permit makes impossible to process them simultaneously

Right, but what can be done is to have both the same day:

- come in the morning, give your documents for extension and pay, get a doc-number

- come back early afternoon, get you passport with your extension

- go make a photocopy next door of your new extension stamp

- give documents for ReEntry at reception, pay, get a queue-number

- wait them to call you (short) and go take your passport with your ReEntry.

I made a ReEntry last week and the whole process was about 15 minutes.

FYI for phuket

This year 8,30 till 4pm !

The requirement that you must present a photocopy of your new visa with your application for a Multi-Entry Permit makes impossible to process them simultaneously

Kap Choeng managed it last year.

I agree it is a bit lumpy because of the need to copy the newly acquired extension - the missus was sent out by the IO to copy it.

One big difference I noticed at Jomtien is that they now take a photo of you as you collect your passport........Never happened before

I did exactly what you want to do last year at Jomtien, they made me come back the next day and collect my passport and then go stand in the queue and apply for the reentry permit.

So unless something has changed then the answer to your question is no.

I was in there last Wednesday to renew my retirement extension and everything has been moved around in there, the seating is all down the centre of the room and the service desks are all around the walls, thought I was in the wrong place at first and I had to come back next day to collect my passport, same as last year.

Far better to get your re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi airport on leaving Thailand

For me it's just a backup solution, certainly not a better one.

You never know what can happen during your trip to the airport; any incident or accident can make you rather late and I would not want to have to lost more time with such process before be able to go through immigration check.

Also, I remember reading once that they had a problem with their system; not possible to take pictures. If you had one ID pic with you it was ok, but else you had to rush far far away to a photobooth, prying all the way that the damn machine would work... wink.png

Far less hassle to get my ReEntry a few weeks earlier at my local Immigration smile.png

Agree with Pattaya46, plus it depends on how frequently you leave/return to Thailand. Each re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi is B1200. A multiple-entry re-entry permit at local Immigrations office is B3800. So if you make four trips per year, it's cheaper to go to local Immigrations.

Hi all,

Original poster here.

Went to Jomtien two days ago to renew the one year retirement visa.

Got out of a Baht bus on Jomtien Second road at 2.30 and went immigration and picked up a form.

The went to the big copy shop outside of the immigration office and had my photo taken and a young man photocopied everything for me and filed in my form. (I guess they may have the forms there anyway?)

Next I went to get a ticket for the immigration queue and then presented all my paperwork.

The lady examined everything and told me to come back for my passport in two days, as the next day was a public holiday.

Walked out of the office and looked at my phone. 2.53! 23 minutes. Well impressed. :)

Went back for passport today at 2 pm and then asked about reentry permit.

Nightmare. 250 people waiting today the girl behind the info counter said, due to yesterday being a holiday. Come back Monday morning she said.

Is the airport still doing the reentry permits?? Can’t say I really want to rely on that working though when I have no backup plan available.

I can’t myself getting to Jomtien any day next week much before 1 pm though. lol

Simon

• 1 month later...