O2 Atom Questions, Review, & Support

repoulin

Hey Just need some inputs from people who use the O2. I am very satisfied with this pocket PC, but it is definately not for those who aren't savy with computers. Wish it connected to all wireless networks, but most pocket pcs dont have this function built in.

Anyways... My question is has anyone had any problems with their OS on the O2. I find it to be somewhat unstable even though I downloaded all the updates. It seems like it always switches into flight mode for some reason preventing me from receiving phone calls. Does anyone have this problem and know how to resolve it.

Any input is appriciated.

Hey Just need some inputs from people who use the O2. I am very satisfied with this pocket PC, but it is definately not for those who aren't savy with computers. Wish it connected to all wireless networks, but most pocket pcs dont have this function built in.

Anyways... My question is has anyone had any problems with their OS on the O2. I find it to be somewhat unstable even though I downloaded all the updates. It seems like it always switches into flight mode for some reason preventing me from receiving phone calls. Does anyone have this problem and know how to resolve it.

Any input is appriciated.

Hi! I can see why you feel frustrated. Not being able to receive calls is terrible. How many 3rd party applications have you installed? Did it occur straight after installing a particular application? If so, that may be the culprit. My advice is to back up your important data and hard reset before reinstalling the applications one by one to see if the problem persists.

Do you still have the device under warantee?

I added the 02 "Extra" Features and thought that might be it. The device is still under warranty, but I don't think I will take it back just yet. I think the phone is very powerful and a leader in its field. I but the device on lock all the time and so far the problem hasn't happened again.

I think the problem may be that the screen is very sensitive, and critical features can easily be disabled. Before I use to have to worry about dialing the last person I called or someone on my speed dial list. Now I have to worry about disconnecting from the network.

Thanks for the tips --- Hopefully the problem is resolved now

:o

I bought the Atom, and then sold it 3 weeks later.

I need to be contactable by phone reliably for business, and the O2 just didnt offer that. It is very very unstable, to the point of being un-useable i found. The only third party software i had installed was Skype so that i can call internationally from my work and home wireless networks. I also updated the ROM as soon as i had bought it

Shame as the device had huge potential, but i have sunce decided that a cellphone and seperate PDA is a better way to go anyway. You cant look at your schedule on the pda while talking on the fone at the same time with the Atom, unless wearing the bluetooth headset, which i really dont like.