Student's car involved in crash at Central Pattaya Underpass Construction Site

webfact

Student's car involved in crash at Central Pattaya Underpass Construction Site

crash-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 20 year old Student from Sriracha crashed his car into cement barriers at the Sukhumvit Road Central Pattaya Underpass Construction Site in the early hours of Saturday.

Police and medics rushed to the scene and attended to the driver of a Black Honda Civic, Khun Tannawit. 4 Passengers inside his car sustained minor injuries and were taken to Hospital as a precaution.

The driver told Police that he was on his way home and was unaware of the recent changes to the Sukhumvit Road in Central Pattaya, where the underpass is currently being constructed.

As he approached the area, the driver reported seeing a motorbike and its driver, cut across his path. He took evasive maneuvers to avoid the motorbike and smashed into cement barriers designed to protect motorists from the construction site.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/173940/students-car-involved-in-crash-at-central-pattaya-underpass-construction-site/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-02

Or better still put household fluorescent tubes on top of the concrete barriers with bare wires and open power points facing upwards and wait for the wet season aka third road barriers not only will you see the lights but be blinded at the same time and hit the motorbike with no lights

Having just passed the requirements for a drivers license... all I can say is that there really needs to be proper training and testing to get a license...

The written test is a joke

The driving test is appaling

Now I understand why the driving in Thailand is so erratic... Its all just.. "follow what they are doing"

If this is typical road construction being carried out by a Thai contractor there will totally inadequate advance warning, barriers, signs, temporary lighting and properly constructed diversions. If I remember correctly this particular project is supposed to go on for a couple of years, at least. Add to my five items, the lack of maintenance of these and we have a recipe for many more accidents, some of which will end in fatalities.

I wonder how much of the accepted tender for this project is budgeted for heath and safety. Probably very little, with not much of that budget actually being spent on these items.

A Thai friend of mine got a driving license for his 18th birthday, the dents and scrapes on his car are testement to this.

Having just passed the requirements for a drivers license... all I can say is that there really needs to be proper training and testing to get a license...

The written test is a joke

The driving test is appaling

Now I understand why the driving in Thailand is so erratic... Its all just.. "follow what they are doing"

The concrete barriers are there to protect the building site workers from the fools on the road.

How would this story end if no barriers and it was day time

Lock the idiot up for a couple of months to ponder his mistakes

Lock him up for a few months? For a car accident?

Why not chop his head off or burn him alive?

Edited by joesanunu