Gaza under fire — six months on

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The Palestinian people elected Hamas - an Islamic terrorist organization. As usual, they are responsible for their own miser

Nonsense , That makes the Jewish extremists who killed Rabin because they did not want a settlement with Palestine responsible for these 11000 rockets

How many killed by those 11,000 rockets by the way , remind me

So Israel is not allowed to defend itself? 11,000 rockets is just a minor inconvenience!

When someone threatens your family do you wait for one to be killed before you react?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The Palestinian people elected Hamas - an Islamic terrorist organization. As usual, they are responsible for their own miser

Nonsense , That makes the Jewish extremists who killed Rabin because they did not want a settlement with Palestine responsible for these 11000 rockets

So Israel is not allowed to defend itself? 11,000 rockets is just a minor inconvenience!

When someone threatens your family do you wait for one to be killed before you react?

No but I don't go and blow all of there houses up with them in it either

• Like 1

So, many people believe that the rockets that were fired and pretty useless but obviously can kill, by the Palestinians.,Excuse's Israel for Bombing Campaigns killing thousands ?. And its all of their own fault because they voted for Hamas. They should have voted for a liberal pro Israeli party obviously

So the people who think that way , who do they think was to blame for 9/11, did anyone else there "Deserve it" because of who they voted for ?

No one is saying they should have voted for a pro Israeli party. Gaza has nothing to do with Israel. Israel doesn't control what happens in Gaza. That is for the Gazans to decide! They decided in favour of HAMAS, so yes they got what they deserve.

9/11 is not even close to being comparable. That is just ridiculous.

• Like 1

exageration doesn't help your argument. If what you say were true a lot more than 2000 would have died. Not to mention that Hamas hid behind the general population when firing their rockets. Israel warned people to leave areas they were going to attack hamas made those people stay.

Hamas only care for themselves they use the Gazans as canon fodder.

But you keep supporting terrorism. Wait till it comes to your country see how you like it then!

• Like 1

So, many people believe that the rockets that were fired and pretty useless but obviously can kill, by the Palestinians.,Excuse's Israel for Bombing Campaigns killing thousands ?. And its all of their own fault because they voted for Hamas. They should have voted for a liberal pro Israeli party obviously

So the people who think that way , who do they think was to blame for 9/11, did anyone else there "Deserve it" because of who they voted for ?

No one is saying they should have voted for a pro Israeli party. Gaza has nothing to do with Israel. Israel doesn't control what happens in Gaza. That is for the Gazans to decide! They decided in favour of HAMAS, so yes they got what they deserve.

9/11 is not even close to being comparable. That is just ridiculous.

Why isn't it comparable it was an attack on innocent civilians. And do not say they weren't firing Rockets , because their Government was, all over the middle east. But as usual the innocent die on both sides, To have such a casual attitude to civilians being murdered in their thousands is beyond me

exageration doesn't help your argument. If what you say were true a lot more than 2000 would have died. Not to mention that Hamas hid behind the general population when firing their rockets. Israel warned people to leave areas they were going to attack hamas made those people stay.

Hamas only care for themselves they use the Gazans as canon fodder.

But you keep supporting terrorism. Wait till it comes to your country see how you like it then!

Makes me laugh that "Hiding behind civilians " nonsense ,Where do you expect them to go for Christs sake , its a refugee camp ?

There is defending yourself and their is widespread murder and slaughter

this one decided not to vote for Hamas again:

He's obviously "responsible for his own misery."

You are right. It's his parents fault.

and he is "only" collateral damage.

It is why Hamas hide behind the population. The sort of collateral damage Hamas wants.

• Like 1

and he is "only" collateral damage.

this one decided not to vote for Hamas again:

He's obviously "responsible for his own misery."

You are right. It's his parents fault.

It is why Hamas hide behind the population. The sort of collateral damage Hamas wants.

Are you trying to tell me they are the only ones who use the death of innocent civilians to advance their political agenda. I know someone who did that and he wasn't a Palestinian. Anyway i have no time for any of these Groups , But everything here is in Israels hands , if they made some conciliatory noises even it would start to steal Hamas's fire .

"So the people who think that way , who do they think was to blame for 9/11, did anyone else there "Deserve it" because of who they voted for ?"

Other than the 19 hijackers who would have voted for Bin Laden, no, they did not deserve it.

Just like those rockets from Hamas, all the hijackers had to do was stay home and call off their murderous trip.

Keep the 9/11 hijackers home...no 9/11.

Keep Hamas rockets at home...no IDF.

• Like 2

Obviously there is far more to this issue than what we are discussing here. I have no liking of Hamas , I just do not like to see civilian death in conflict trivialized and dismissed. They are people the same as the people who die in Terrorist attacks are people. Israel holds all the cards here instead of trying to appease their extremists they should attempt a real long term deal (I was going to say long term settlement but they've already got enough of them), Difficult I know because of the way each governments coalition is made up

• Like 2

<script ty

USA backed Egyptian tyrant Sisi has actually offered to assist Israel in ethnically cleansing Gaza yet again, by deporting Gazans to tent cities in Sinai, so that between the two of them they could cash in on lucrative oil and gas reserves off the coast of Gaza.

Where power and money are concerned human rights take a back seat.

Where religion is concerned human rights take a back seat. Just ask Hamas. Oops. There go those 72 virgins again

Obviously there is far more to this issue than what we are discussing here. I have no liking of Hamas , I just do not like to see civilian death in conflict trivialized and dismissed. They are people the same as the people who die in Terrorist attacks are people. Israel holds all the cards here instead of trying to appease their extremists they should attempt a real long term deal (I was going to say long term settlement but they've already got enough of them), Difficult I know because of the way each governments coalition is made up

So you think the Arabs want peace? Maybe someone should tell Israel alt=whistling.gif>

I think the Majority of people be it Arab or Israeli do want peace . Its the same in most conflicts the silent majority sit in the Background while the extremists set the agenda with every atrocity making more extremists on both sides

So you think the Arabs want peace? Maybe someone should tell Israel alt=whistling.gif>

I think the Majority of people be it Arab or Israeli do want peace . Its the same in most conflicts the silent majority sit in the Background while the extremists set the agenda with every atrocity making more extremists on both sides

Spot on.

Incidents like the Gaza Massacre don't eliminate terrorists - they create more.

• Like 1

The Palestinians have been using terrorism against the Jews for at least 100 years. Just ignoring it is not going to make it any better. When the rockets stopped, so did the IDF. bah.gif

Plenty of terrorism committed by "the Jews" ( your words) against "The Palestinians" (again your words) since the beginning... But...

• Like 2

Nope. It took almost 20 years for the Jews to respond in kind. We are talking round 100 years ago when it was the Jews and the Palestinian Arabs.- although they never called themselves Palestinians back then. Why do you constantly make comments on things that you know very little about?

• Like 1

Nope. It took almost 20 years for the Jews to respond in kind. We are talking round 100 years ago when it was the Jews and the Palestinian Arabs.- although they never called themselves Palestinians back then. Why do you constantly make comments on things that you know very little about?

In the 1880s and 1890s Palestinians actually helped early Zionists arriving in Palestine. Little did they know that their uninvited guests were a Trojan horse who would eventually steal their land, ethically cleanse them, herd them into refugee camps and occupy them for almost 70 years. It took almost 20 years after the founding of Zionism in 1896 for the Palestinians to realize that the early Zionist immigrants had come not as invited guests to live peacefully alongside them, but to establish an exclusive Jewish state in a land where Palestinians were the vast resident majority. Which is exactly what the Zionists have done. That's the whole crux of the problem.. to right this gross injustice.
The Palestinians protested but had their hands tied first by the Ottomans then by the British colonial masters. It is a great pity that the Palestinians did not resist more strongly, which might have deterred future illegal Zionist immigration.
Edited by dexterm
  • Like 2

"Little did they know that their uninvited guests were a Trojan horse who would eventually steal their land"

You mean after the Arabs started attacking and murdering innocent Jewish families? The Arabs started the violence in the first place, were thwarted in the end and ended up without a pot to piss in. They made their own bed.

• Like 1

"It's the same in most conflicts" may be very correct. The problem I have with your posts is your cluelessness about who is being dealt with in this conflict. Many Muslims (Arabs is incorrect as several religions are included) want peace AFTER Israel is destroyed. Do you dispute this?

Your former analogy with West Belfast and London as equatable to Israel/Palestine is ludicrously clueless. You are using your personal experiences and sense of what's right and applying it to Islamic fanaticism.

Another point: does anyone here dispute the premise that the Palestinians are being used by the Iranians to further their goals? (The goals as put clearly forth by Netanyahu)

The Iranian leader tweets the destruction of Israel and you want a long term more sensible deal?

- clueless again.

"It's the same in most conflicts" may be very correct. The problem I have with your posts is your cluelessness about who is being dealt with in this conflict. Many Muslims (Arabs is incorrect as several religions are included) want peace AFTER Israel is destroyed. Do you dispute this?

Your former analogy with West Belfast and London as equatable to Israel/Palestine is ludicrously clueless. You are using your personal experiences and sense of what's right and applying it to Islamic fanaticism.

Another point: does anyone here dispute the premise that the Palestinians are being used by the Iranians to further their goals? (The goals as put clearly forth by Netanyahu)

The Iranian leader tweets the destruction of Israel and you want a long term more sensible deal?

- clueless again.

The people there are going to have to find a way to change their government. How, I don't know and dissent would mean death. The world wants to give much more humanitarian help but when it is known most of the help goes to their Islamic Jihadist terrorist government that is just working on rearming for their insane antisemitic goal of overrunning Israel, the money doesn't come.

It seems even their fellow "Palestinian" Arabs in the west bank are keeping their distance from Gaza ... described elsewhere as a dirty diaper nobody wants to touch.

"Described elsewhere as a dirty diaper nobody wants to touch"

Thanks for reciting those words that they say elsewhere. I wouldnt get your point without your use of exactly that metaphor.

• Like 1

The Palestinians have been using terrorism against the Jews for at least 100 years. Just ignoring it is not going to make it any better. When the rockets stopped, so did the IDF. bah.gif

Plenty of terrorism committed by "the Jews" ( your words) against "The Palestinians" (again your words) since the beginning... But...

You actually think this comment makes sense ?

• Like 1