Road Trip Pattaya to Sihanoukville

Lucky33

Tell us a bit about Sihanoukville, particularly the night life. Are there bars? What do drinks costs? Good massage to relax after a long day's riding? Do you get to go to bed "happy"?

I've been there a few times but the last time was over 5 years ago.

It's a nice place and really cheap (if things didn't change much in the last 5 years. One .5 liter jug of local draught beer (Angkor beer) is 50 cents US diring the happy hours. USD is the local currency (on top of their local Riel currency) and most of everything costs 1-2 dollars. If you go, make sure you have enough $1 bills to pay for things, you often won't get $ change for a large denomination. I stayed at the newish GST hotel right on the Serendipity beach for a whole $7 per night!

Night life sucks a little but you will always find what a guy may want. ;)

And yeah, as already mentioned, running with the headlight ON in the day time is illegal so carry a piece of cardboard (if you don't want to mess with wiring) and some bungee cord to cover the headlight. Or have a fistfull of $1 bills ready to pay the fine.

Tell us a bit about Sihanoukville, particularly the night life. Are there bars? What do drinks costs? Good massage to relax after a long day's riding? Do you get to go to bed "happy"?

Thanks for the comments guys, I enjoyed making the trip. As for the night life, there are many bars in Sihanoukville and the beer is cheap enough, fifty cents to one dollar US for a bottle of beer in most of them. US dollars are used as currency all over Cambodia. As for a good massage, I think that it is best to stick to Pattaya for that. Most of the people in the bars in Sihanoukville were either backpackers or expats.

The bars are similar to Pattaya beer bars, I didn't seen anything resembling a go go bar. There are two main bar areas, one on Victory Hill and another one near the Lion roundabout. Like I said, I think that it's better to stay in Pattaya for the nightlife smile.png .

I was once in Phnom Penh and it was a wild place and since I was not married then I had a real good timewhistling.gif

Ahem now back to topic, so OP did your bike class A cover in Cam. or did you have an additional insurance for that?

Well don't really know why I am asking, no way will my wife allow me me to go over there by my ownbiggrin.png

I was once in Phnom Penh and it was a wild place and since I was not married then I had a real good timewhistling.gif

Ahem now back to topic, so OP did your bike class A cover in Cam. or did you have an additional insurance for that?

Well don't really know why I am asking, no way will my wife allow me me to go over there by my ownbiggrin.png

Then don't tell her that you're going on your own. Tell her that you're doing with some mates :)

I really don't know about the insurance, the only insurance that I have on the bike is the inexpensive insurance that you are required to have to get your registration. The hotel where I stayed had 24 hr security for the parking lot so I wasn't afraid of having it stolen. I didn't buy any additional insurance and I'm pretty sure my Thailand insurance wouldn't be any good in Cambodia.