Monthly rentals in Bangkok

I'm looking to find a monthly rental in Bangkok, as I'm planning to take a month off from learning Thai and go travelling in May, the start of the rainy season.

Here's what I'm looking for.

Price: 10K per month ex utilities or 13K inc utilities.

Space: Around 30m2

Facilities:

* Air conditioning

* Hot water

* 1KM or less walk (not fly) from BTS Sukhumvit Line

* Fully furnished with queen bed, desk for my laptop, and cupboard and draws for my clothes.

I have been told many times that what I'm looking for is not unreasonable, and as an example of that, I'm currently sharing an 80m2, 2 bed, 2 bath, brand new apartment for my share of only 13K per 1 month contract exc utilities. But my friend and I are parting ways when the lease expires this weekend.

The problem is, I'm finding it very difficult to find said rental. The most significant problem is that most web sites are only advertising the monthly price, but not the contract length. If I go to the trouble of having a friend help me call in Thai, I then find out that it's either not available in that contract length, or the surcharge is way too high.

I would appreciate any suggestions for accomodation options or a web site that I could look online that caters to monthly rentals?

• 1 month later...

indeed the problem is that most Condo units can not be rent for just 1 month, but there are several places that actually specialize in short-term rentals.

craigslist could be a place where to search for English language ads, but for some obvious reason it is not popular with Thais. google-ing using the proper terms should produce some useful results too, I just performed such a search and there is a lot of information available.

as for short-rental websites, there is not only airbnb, but as well travelmob, roomorama, flipkey, homeaway and pandabed. Be aware that the fees those portals charge can be high on those websites and always read the fineprint (additional cleaning fees and the likes)

Lots of guest houses on daily, weekly and monthly rates. Quit looking for apartments (min. 3 months) and condos (min. 6 months).

Hundreds of Apartments in BKK rent per 1 month and less, even per day

there is a plethora of websites catering to the market of short-term rentals

renthub.in.th is the best of the pack, as well there are:

hongpak.in.th

thaiapartment.com

9apartment.com

a.s.o.......

Lots of guest houses on daily, weekly and monthly rates. Quit looking for apartments (min. 3 months) and condos (min. 6 months).

Hundreds of Apartments in BKK rent per 1 month and less, even per day

there is a plethora of websites catering to the market of short-term rentals

renthub.in.th is the best of the pack, as well there are:

hongpak.in.th

thaiapartment.com

9apartment.com

a.s.o.......

Such short term rentals of condos are illegal, with no business licenses, insurance and payment of taxes.