Anyone gone down the Precast - Concrete Fencing Route?

Millenial

Have never used, but my initial gut reaction looking at their marketing was "there's just no way those little feet are going to keep it vertical" :)

I could be wrong of course, but I usually trust my gut :P

Moved to DIY Housing forum.

Great concept, nice pictures (computer drawings really), prestressed and post stressed are both sound from an engineering viewpoint,

The company??? do your own research on quality control ( if there is a fail here on any one component??? ???

anything 10 baht short of the cost of a properly engineered spec. & you could have an expensive ring of ruble around yer site.

Have never used, but my initial gut reaction looking at their marketing was "there's just no way those little feet are going to keep it vertical" smile.png

I could be wrong of course, but I usually trust my gut tongue.png

I hope they arent the footings/ Actually they look more like the connecting boxes to join the fence posts to the underground column which should be 1 metre underground like in mine

Edited by kannot

Yes and ill tell you EXACTLY what to look out for

1 delivery of panels to site, they come wrapped in bundles of 10 with polystyrene spacer between each one, I would check with the supplier that ANY chipped or cracked in ANY way of ANY size chip will be replaced. What the installer will say is " can fix" this means they will try fill them with a bit of cement, it looks crap dont accept it and it WILL fall out over time

Out of all the panels I had delivered 40% I rejected as crap.............they thought this was acceptable and normal.

2 make sure they get the posts 100% vertical ie true, level, plumb mine even managed to get 14 posts 4 inches out of vertical and tell me it was " ok"

3 make sure they go down to a good depth, 1 metre, or HARD ground and if shallow get a wider footing ie 1.2 metre square 8 inch thick concrete base

4 Stay onsite the entire time they are putting it in, i was late arriving one day and they ahd put in 80 panels all of which had to be taken out due to damage.........remember they are packed in 10's and you wont see the damage until they have started to remove and place them.

I used a company called RM Concrete.............I WOULD NEVER use them again

Photos below, you want any more info or come have a look im down near Hua Hin I had 600 metres of this wall price 650k due to hARD ground, they had to change footing design ( on my demand) from bored hole to metre deep column with metre square 8 inch thick base which I increased using blocks and more concrete see photo

I like the wall but the installers were CRAP + it never needs painting which is a cost in itself and has to be repeated

Thanks for sharing, going by this there is a lot of hassle and it is on par with normal perimeter wall costs right

1 delivery of panels to site, they come wrapped in bundles of 10 with polystyrene spacer between each one, I would check with the supplier that ANY chipped or cracked in ANY way of ANY size chip will be replaced. What the installer will say is " can fix" this means they will try fill them with a bit of cement, it looks crap dont accept it and it WILL fall out over time

Out of all the panels I had delivered 40% I rejected as crap.............they thought this was acceptable and normal.

2 make sure they get the posts 100% vertical ie true, level, plumb mine even managed to get 14 posts 4 inches out of vertical and tell me it was " ok"

3 make sure they go down to a good depth, 1 metre, or HARD ground and if shallow get a wider footing ie 1.2 metre square 8 inch thick concrete base

4 Stay onsite the entire time they are putting it in, i was late arriving one day and they ahd put in 80 panels all of which had to be taken out due to damage.........remember they are packed in 10's and you wont see the damage until they have started to remove and place them.

Photos below, you want any more info or come have a look im down near Hua Hin I had 600 metres of this wall price 650k due to hARD ground, they had to change footing design ( on my demand) from bored hole to metre deep column with metre square 8 inch thick base which I increased using blocks and more concrete see photo

I like the wall but the installers were CRAP + it never needs painting which is a cost in itself and has to be repeated

Thanks for sharing, going by this there is a lot of hassle and it is on par with normal perimeter wall costs right

Yes except you dont have to paint it and rendered walls always crack.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

​Kannot - beautiful wall. And the price you paid doesn't seem bad at all -- roughly 100k per linear metre. I was just quoted 260k for 116m length of wall (2m high) using typical (cheap) concrete blocks! And that was the cheapest quote I got.

I'm curious about your concrete footings in the 2nd picture. Looks like a lot of extra work. I'm in the NE so hopefully I can simply bore down. Anyway, you mentioned your footings started at 8" thickness. How many additional inches of concrete did you pour to attach the posts?

Curious if anyone knows about this fence. It is installed at The Trust Condo in Pattaya. I'm guessing the panels are 2 or 3 cm thicker than the PCC panels in this thread. The cost is probably a lot higher I imagine.

post-207613-0-63723800-1459278837_thumb.

Edited by puuchaibaa

​Kannot - beautiful wall. And the price you paid doesn't seem bad at all -- roughly 100k per linear metre. I was just quoted 260k for 116m length of wall (2m high) using typical (cheap) concrete blocks! And that was the cheapest quote I got.

I'm curious about your concrete footings in the 2nd picture. Looks like a lot of extra work. I'm in the NE so hopefully I can simply bore down. Anyway, you mentioned your footings started at 8" thickness. How many additional inches of concrete did you pour to attach the posts?

The pad is 80x80cm wide and I increased depth to 8 inch 20cm the "leg" is about 1 metre deep (depends on substrate) it all gets joined together in a concrete precast box which is a 45cm3 at or just below soil level from memory

The pad is 80x80cm wide and I increased depth to 8 inch 20cm the "leg" is about 1 metre deep (depends on substrate) it all gets joined together in a concrete precast box which is a 45cm3 at or just below soil level from memory

Ah I see. BTW I contacted a number of prefab fence suppliers in the Khon Kaen area and can't get anywhere near the price/m you got. You certainly got the benefit of having such a huge project. I've resorted back to brick & mortar saai.gif

Edited by puuchaibaa

Ah I see. BTW I contacted a number of prefab fence suppliers in the Khon Kaen area and can't get anywhere near the price/m you got. You certainly got the benefit of having such a huge project. I've resorted back to brick & mortar saai.gif

Ah I seem to have gotten my numbers wrong I had 310 metres running length for 650k it works out at 2k per metre thats about 2 metres high

• 1 year later...

So besides the company you chose that you don't recommend, who else is there?  I am building a house in Udon Thani and need 150 meters of fence.  Due to the sandy soil,  the house builder suggests a 30cm x 60cm foundation for a block type wall and that is a ton of concrete plus the construction costs and it will look plain and ugly when done.  That alone runs 1000-1300 bt per meter.  I am serious about precast but don't know where to start as nothing comes up on Google.

I just got an email from the following company.   They are in Chon Buri and said their precast walls sell for 4000 bt per lineal meter plus delivery and install.  A formal quote is coming.  For 150 meters of walls, that is 600,000 stacked in Chon Buri plus trucking and installation by 'local' contractors.  Oh boy, I wonder what could go wrong here!

We appreciate your interest in using StoneTree® Concrete Fence Walls for your project. StoneTree® products are supplied and installed through a network of licensed manufacturers.

We have forwarded your inquiry to SJC Concrete, +66 81 801 8837 who is the supplier servicing your area. They will contact you directly to discuss your project.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us and we welcome you as a future satisfied StoneTree® customer.

Best Regards,

ADVANCED FORMING TECHNOLOGY (AFTEC LLC)
Toll Free: (866) 370-FORM (3676) Phone: (801) 281-2262 Fax: (801) 281-2272

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2015 at 6:32 AM, kannot said:

Ok I am back to the wall project. Just finished getting PEA on board with the temp power and next is the bore hole and wall.  Do you have pics you can send me of your wall?  I did not see them on the post. My wall will have the fancy stuff out front then the back and sides will be a combination of concrete covered in brick, or tile, or ?? and chain link covered by flowering vines and tall bushes of some sort.

On 6/22/2017 at 11:43 AM, MarcIssan said:

From the photo, your wall looks very nice. I contacted a company near BKK who quoted 3000 bt per meter. No way I replied. Thanks for the photo..very nice indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You should be able to get it for about 2000 baht a metre at 2  metres  high, thats about what i paid, all up it was about 600-650k my price went up as the ground is  full of rocks.............rocks the size of cars in some cases which made  getting the posts the 1+metre underground difficult.

I had 310 metres or thereabouts for that price, that included everything

• 11 months later...

Ok here we are a year later and a lot has changed.  The house is finally under way and I am working on the fence once again.  This time I am determined to precast the posts myself because I now have a gigantic mixer and a decent garage/workshop done.  I bought a MIG welder and can stick 2 pieces of metal together pretty well so making the precast forms won't be a big deal.  I plan to use aircrete for the wall panels because they are cheaper than 100% concrete and weigh about 25% as much.  However after they are all up I plan to render them and do a vertical stone stamp of some pattern which should add strength.  

I have 250 meters of fence to complete but fortunately not all of it will be precast and rendered....about 100-125 meters.  For the rest of it I'm thinking of pouring a concrete footing maybe 30 cm high and use my precast posts but hook pre-welded wire mesh panels to the posts and footing to preserve the views I have out back so I don't just see concrete.

2018-06-01 11.19.26b.jpg

Edited by MarcIssan

On 6/13/2018 at 9:05 PM, MarcIssan said:

Ok here we are a year later and a lot has changed.  The house is finally under way and I am working on the fence once again.  This time I am determined to precast the posts myself because I now have a gigantic mixer and a decent garage/workshop done.  I bought a MIG welder and can stick 2 pieces of metal together pretty well so making the precast forms won't be a big deal.  I plan to use aircrete for the wall panels because they are cheaper than 100% concrete and weigh about 25% as much.  However after they are all up I plan to render them and do a vertical stone stamp of some pattern which should add strength.  

I have 250 meters of fence to complete but fortunately not all of it will be precast and rendered....about 100-125 meters.  For the rest of it I'm thinking of pouring a concrete footing maybe 30 cm high and use my precast posts but hook pre-welded wire mesh panels to the posts and footing to preserve the views I have out back so I don't just see concrete.

2018-06-01 11.19.26b.jpg

what are  the  blocks  used  in  your  house  construction? closer  photo  pls.

For  the walls  you can buy the posts and panels  direct from the factory (I should have their phone no somewhere) all you need  then is  someone to install it  you will need at least 3  people to lift the panels in though