Add (American) wife to my non-o A retirement visa

Hi all, I am an American citizen retiree. I have just had my 9th extension to my non-o "retirement" visa. My wife (also American) plans to retire. We would like to add her to my visa as a dependent for the remainder of the year. I do not know the acutal procedures and documents required to do this. Your help humbly requested.

Thanks!

There is non-O B visa. I assume she is possibley on an extension of stay based upon working or does she have a multiple entry non-b visa from an embassy or consulate.

If she is on an extension of stay she will more than likely need to go out to get a single entry non-o visa to apply for the dependent extension. Most immigration offices will no longer change the reason for an extension of stay.

To get the non-o visa she will need a copy of your passport photo page and extension of stay stamp and your marriage certificate plus a copy.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for your help. Seems straight forward enough.

She is on an extension of stay based on working for a Thai corporation.

Would she be able too switch to her own non-o A for retirement based on her own funds without leaving?

O-A visas can only be obtained from ones country of origin or in some cases country of residence. Such visa cannot be obtained within Thailand.

I suspect your wife will need to obtain a single entry Non "O" visa from a nearby Thai Embassy/Consulate. She could then apply for an extension of stay based on retirement if she can meet the financial requirements.

Edited by nzexpat
  • Like 1

Basis of application would be being over the age of 50/seeking retirement.

In addition to the usual forms/passport copies you wife should present evidence of having 800,000Bht in a Thai bank or a monthly income of 65,000 Bht evidenced by a letter obtained from her Embassy.

Most people would use either the Laos Vientiane Consul or the Consul in Penang, Malaysia.

• Like 1