EVA Air Biz Class - air miles benefits see a bit poor?

Hi there. Im not sure if i will get any replies to this but I will give it a shot anyway :)

I flew 3 flights last year with Eva, each one Business Class spending over 300,000 THB. I just went to look at flights for the coming weeks and out of curiosity i wanted to pay part cash part air miles. The flight was 120,000 return. Paying with air miles from three flights brought the price down to 115,000.

Jesus is it worth staying committed to Eva when the incentive is so low? Do you think that is right even? I would have though three flights would mean paying around half for the fourth one?

I have found that the best way to get value from EVA is to use the miles to upgrade from Premium Economy to Business. Also, if you get a Silver card, you have lounge access on all classes and an additional 10kg baggage allowance. Gold card will get you "at the gate" upgrades from PE to Biz about 1 time in 4. Good luck. Also you could consider switching to BA, better deals on upgrades (but worse availability).

• Like 1

Why not go economy and take a few xanax. Wake up when you are almost there and you will never know what you missed and save about 80k baht

You would need to get a window seat, or you would have to keep getting up for people to go to the toilet.

Why not go economy and take a few xanax. Wake up when you are almost there and you will never know what you missed and save about 80k baht

what an idiotic comment....

Why idiotic the Poster is actually spot on .....

• Like 2

As a long time EVA Gold member (and former Diamond member) yes, the miles plus fare is a bad deal. I also use my miles to either upgrade from Elite to Business or use them for other Star Alliance carrier awards. I really like EVA as an airline, but I really don't like their Infinity MileageLands program. As far as I'm concerned, the only good thing about having Gold with EVA is to also have Star Alliance Gold.

EVA miles are poor and have gotten worse over the years. Just when I had enough miles for a free flight they did this alliance thing. Elite class is probably still one of the better flying bargains out there for that 13 hour flight from LAX to Taipei. The seats recline enough to be reasonably comfortable, much more so than coach. There is plenty of elbow room, haven't had a crying baby in that section yet. The flight is actually an enjoyable part of the trip as I catch the midnight or 1 am flight from LAX. Get 4 or 5 hour nap. wake up for the first meal, watch a movie. Stretch the legs, take another nap. Wake up for the second meal, catch a movie. Then read or listen to the audio. Hit Taiepei, 2 or 3 hour layover then fly to BKK. When the dust clears it is 11 am BKK. easy to catch a bus to Pattaya or Rail link BTS to Bangkok. And for the 20 hours of traveling I am not too short on sleep.