Official water + electric unit rates in the ChiangMai region?

Mcffee

Question, I received a quotation for serviced appartent rent, with the remark 'water = 25 Baht / unit, electric = 8 Baht / unit'.

Makes me wonder what are the official rates in ChiangMai city region for 'units' (how big are these units actually, is the international standard?)

I won't pay any subcharges by some greedy owner and ending up paying more for water/electric then for the condo.

Thanks!

Electric last month was 4.3352 Baht/unit all inclusive Base +VAT +FT(fuel tax). Believe my water bill was around 55 Baht (around 8 Baht/unit). Quite common for condos to charge a premium of 7 Baht/unit or more for electric.

• Like 1

Is there any workaway around this?

Or just accept it..do Thais that rent these apts know the real rate?

How are they able to double or +++++ on the rates?

Ive come to accept 100 for H2o and 7 baht for power

But i still feel swindled when i see what you guys are paying...facepalm.gif

Is there any workaway around this?

Or just accept it..do Thais that rent these apts know the real rate?

How are they able to double or +++++ on the rates?

Ive come to accept 100 for H2o and 7 baht for power

But i still feel swindled when i see what you guys are paying...facepalm.gif

Charging double rates for electric seems not OK to me, a greedy landlord is a very bad sign so I decided not to move there. He also not allows installing my own internet cable from the street but want me to pay them 500/m for a shared connection, no way.

Edited by Mcffee

If you are concerned about these rates, you might consider renting at Nakornping Condo. Electricity is charged directly by the electricity company, at normal government rates. Nakornping has its own water supply and water is charged at 12B per unit (plus a once a month 30B service charge for water). The water company rate I pay at my house is 21.5B per unit (incl VAT) + the 30B per month fee.

Edited by neilrob

Nakornping has its own water supply and water is charged at 12B per unit (plus a once a month 30B service charge for water). The water company rate I pay at my house is 21.5B per unit (incl VAT) + the 30B per month fee.

Meaning Nakornping's water comes from its own groundwater well, and not municipal water supply? I'll be wary of the quality if that's the case.

Maybe they add electric fee from common areas ? Hallway lights, swimming pool, fitness, elevators etc.

What about your monthly condo fee ?

If electricity fee from common areas is already included in monthly condo fee, and they still charge you higher rate, then you have a very greedy landlord.

You mentioned that this is serviced apartment, so I assume you don't have any condo fee or any fee for maintenance. That's why you pay higher electricity rate to cover common areas.

Edited by baywatch82