PM Prayut assures Thais he won't hang onto power

webfact

He also assured Thais that there wouldn't be military coup less than 24 hours before he led the coup. LOL

As I recall it the roll out of the army onto the streets leading up to the imminent coup was emphatically announced as NOT A COUP. Immediately after that announcement the coup followed.

The OP seems to indicate more flip-flopping. Personally I would prefer to hear much less from the coup leader. I wish he'd say less and think more before he does.

I wish they would get out of the window dressing stage and start some real reforms. Pensions would be a good start treat the elderly better. When corruption happens trace it back to the root cause and stamp the root out. If I could look out my condo window in Chiang Mai and see the mountains trees and all I would sing his praises. Small things like the color of the edging around license plates just does not cut it. Its all be cosmetic so far.

There will not be a coup, you have my word.

I will not be Prime Minister, you have my word.

I will not hang onto power, you have my word.

The sun will not rise on Thailand tomorrow, you have my word.

Excellent and may I amend a quote by Robert Heinlein to fit the above post.. "If anybody here has the intelligence to believe the above promises, boy have I got a deal for you! No cheques just cash in small denominations"....

yesterday he was yapping for 1 hour+ on all tv channels

<deleted>

i pay TRUE a lot of money and i missed SURVIVOR on TRUE SERIES

why they have to rob all FREE thai channels but also paying TRUE TV channels for this blablabla, i am expert in everything bullcrap every week

Wait a minute.................you actually pay to watch "Survivor" ??? Jesus wept, that explains a lot about your comments.

Nothing will change...that cycle that has been happening for 80 years, coups and changes of power...everything changes but it all still stays the same, meet the new boss same as the old boss...nothing is going to change because its all so broken, a lot of that has to do will the the general complacency amongst the populace...Things are going to get worse in this country before they get better, not going to go into the specifics of what I am talking about...also with ASEAN opening up. Thailand is in for a rude awakening....

• Like 2

yesterday he was yapping for 1 hour+ on all tv channels

<deleted>

i pay TRUE a lot of money and i missed SURVIVOR on TRUE SERIES

why they have to rob all FREE thai channels but also paying TRUE TV channels for this blablabla, i am expert in everything bullcrap every week

It's part of your indoctrination. Now keep your eye on my watch and repeat after me, Junta good, I love Uncle Too

This leader will lie about anything to get what he wants. We've all seen abundant evidence for this.

Just as TS & YS did.
Yes and he said he was going to do away with the T'S & YS ways but is proving to be identical to them. Edited by chooka

This leader will lie about anything to get what he wants. We've all seen abundant evidence for this.

Just as TS & YS did.
Yes and he said he was going to do away with the T'S & YS ways but is proving to be identical to them.

Details please otherwise your post is worthless and will be ignored by most.

Just as TS & YS did.
Yes and he said he was going to do away with the T'S & YS ways but is proving to be identical to them.

Government involved in corruption (microphone scandal)

Connected people still getting away with murder (koh tao, pongpat doesn't count as he is getting thrown under the bus for different reasons)

Nepotism and cronyism (sticking his army pals in jobs they are not qualified for)

Stifling free speech and being very selective in who he allows to protest and who he doesn't.

The sun will rise tomorrow, and he will also be in power until the Big Event in Thailand.

There is no way he will step aside before that and allow another Thaksin clone

to take over power in Thailand......

Yep. If it wasn't and amnesty bill then something else would of been pounced on to make the coup happen.

• Like 2

The sun will rise tomorrow, and he will also be in power until the Big Event in Thailand.

There is no way he will step aside before that and allow another Thaksin clone

to take over power in Thailand......

Long live the king.

Just as TS & YS did.

Connected people still getting away with murder (koh tao, pongpat doesn't count as he is getting thrown under the bus for different reasons)

Nepotism and cronyism (sticking his army pals in jobs they are not qualified for)

Stifling free speech and being very selective in who he allows to protest and who he doesn't.

Hmmmmm. Don't see any riots. Don't see any airport or city blockade. Don't see any 800 billion lost through a rice scam oops scheme. Don't see tablets issued to school kids that they didn't need. Shall I carry on?

Just as TS & YS did.

Hmmmmm. Don't see any riots. Don't see any airport or city blockade. Don't see any 800 billion lost through a rice scam oops scheme. Don't see tablets issued to school kids that they didn't need. Shall I carry on?

You asked for evidence, I gave it.

The army are just as much responsible for the pro longed protests last year as PTP were for trying to bush that bill through. The bill would of been shot down anyway, but the army had their excuse to take the seat of power and here we are.

• Like 1

Just as TS & YS did.

You asked for evidence, I gave it.

The army are just as much responsible for the pro longed protests last year as PTP were for trying to bush that bill through. The bill would of been shot down anyway, but the army had their excuse to take the seat of power and here we are.

And I'm glad they did.

Really? I'm not. I believe that the Thai people should of had a chance to vote the PTP out themselves. Endless coups haven't helped Thailand in the past. Why would this one be any different?

Of course it is though, for reasons unmentionable.

Really? I'm not. I believe that the Thai people should of had a chance to vote the PTP out themselves. Endless coups haven't helped Thailand in the past. Why would this one be any different?

Of course it is though, for reasons unmentionable.

Non of the coups have worked because on return to democracy the people have no choice but corrupt and dishonest polititians to choose from. Hopefully this time.