PM Prayut reiterates commitment to fight corruption

webfact

so an admiral giving his wife 3 salaries isnt corruption then, or a politician taking advantage of the bureaucratic systems.

guess someone should clarify what constitutes 'corruption' in this whacky place.

What the Admiral has done is not illegal, therefore not corrupt - maybe unethical, although each of the members will be qualified for the job.

As to politicians taking advantage of bureaucratic systems - this is precisely what Yingluck's ministers were experts at and he is weakening politicians powers (through the redrawing of the constitution) so that they will not be able to do it again. So well done Prayuth in cleaning up politics and stopping politicians from enriching themselves through corruption once the new government is formed!!!

You just don't get it, do you?

headdesk.png

• Like 1

so an admiral giving his wife 3 salaries isnt corruption then, or a politician taking advantage of the bureaucratic systems.

guess someone should clarify what constitutes 'corruption' in this whacky place.

What the Admiral has done is not illegal, therefore not corrupt - maybe unethical, although each of the members will be qualified for the job.

As to politicians taking advantage of bureaucratic systems - this is precisely what Yingluck's ministers were experts at and he is weakening politicians powers (through the redrawing of the constitution) so that they will not be able to do it again. So well done Prayuth in cleaning up politics and stopping politicians from enriching themselves through corruption once the new government is formed!!!

headdesk.png

Please elaborate a bit more as I think that I DO get it!!

headdesk.png

Very simple. How does corruption begin?

headdesk.png

What was the coup about? - your answer will tell all.

Bit of a broad question - but I'll give you a prime example. When a crook assumes power and spends a decade committing fraud and corruption in raping the country that he is supposed to represent, then it is deemed an acceptable practice by the very same people that he bribed to buy their way into power. Especially those that he chooses to fill his cabinet and are involved in the procurement processes and running of scams and government projects.

Can you give me an example of corruption carried out by the present government?

• Like 1

The coup was to take out the politicians that were abusing their power and claiming that they were democratic when they weren't even close to being democratic.

It also prevented civil war between 2 groups of children using grown up weapons to settle their disagreements and he stopped it in his tracks quite brilliantly by keeping them in the zoo until they behaved themselves.

They have had their toys taken away from them as punishment for their disgraceful behaviour and Prayuth is busy sorting out the mess that they left behind!!

That!! in brief terms is what the coup was about - obtaining stability and fixing the broken system of government.

• Like 2

Start from mr. Colin Vard case wheres he had 7 properties stolen by police lawyers, banks, and many attempts on his and his kids lifes.

reference Andrew Drummond page (link not allowed)

This case is horrific, just shows this country is lawless. Its scary....

His 15 years old daughter makes good good job on fb https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForJessieThailand

I read this girl's FB link and do feel sorry for her and her brother, but seriously? I believe she should aim a larger portion of her ire toward her 'millionaire father' (as posted in the link to Drummond's site) and his moving some young woman from Roi Et 'shortly after arriving in Thailand' into his 28 million baht 'mansion' (yes, well) just one of his six properties on Phuket, of all places. How many times have we heard this?

He makes a lot of promises does the dear one, he really does talk a good game.

Sadly, nearly a year into his tenure and nothing has changed. (aside from a pogrom against his political opponents which has divided the country further.)

Quite so. As my Thai driver says 'kao poot maak'. Rough translation, talks a lot but does bugg3r all.

Even he cannot believe the stuff he spews

Nothing will change

Even people he put in place are corrupt and rife with nepotism

Bring on an election and same old ways will quickly return

Thailand is destined to remain a 3rd world banana republic forever

The coup was to take out the politicians that were abusing their power and claiming that they were democratic when they weren't even close to being democratic.

It also prevented civil war between 2 groups of children using grown up weapons to settle their disagreements and he stopped it in his tracks quite brilliantly by keeping them in the zoo until they behaved themselves.

They have had their toys taken away from them as punishment for their disgraceful behaviour and Prayuth is busy sorting out the mess that they left behind!!

That!! in brief terms is what the coup was about - obtaining stability and fixing the broken system of government.

Troll

Aha!!!

When people claim "troll" it invariably means that they have lost the argument!!

• Like 2

Why aren't the super rich military people being investigated, why doesn't the PM have to declare and account for his amassed fortune? If you are going to fight corruption seriously then start at the top and the office of PM is up there. I am all for rounding up the corrupt but don't make some immune from investigation.

All men are equal but some men are more equal than others...

Thai corruption is on different level. For me corruption means when you can pay for favours bigger or smaller.

But in thailand for example police with lawyers can rob you take all your properties with fake sign and thats called corruption?

As well every gov. In every country is corrupted. I cant think of not criminal or corrupted one may b Hitler nazi gov.

Look on UK gov and Elm guesshouse pedo scandal. Now thay say its national security matter. ... why? Cuz it can take gov down.....

Edited by Hostile

Only his corrupt enemies will be chased after, his corrupt allies all still walk scott free.

This man is a huge hypocrite and I can't believe there are some naive idiots on here that think he is some kind of savior.

Assuming you are correct, if some corrupt people are jailed, isn't that better than none? At the very least, they can't be re-elected, unless PTP gives them an amnesty.

Do you really not understand why selective justice is a bad thing and how it can tear a society apart?

Prayuth's chance to show how vomited he is to all his rambling, he had when the murders happen in
Koh Tao and other high profile cases but not on the daily television soap or the UN.

More or less all the criminal practices which has harmed Thailand and it's people for many, many
decades, presented on a golden plate. Corruption on all levels, human trafficking, slavery, torture,
racketeering and murder, all concentrated on a tiddly, tinny small island far out on the ocean.

Other typical cases highlighting corruption and how Prayuth's administration handles it are the plights
of Jessie and other kids on behalf of their parents.

But instead of grabbing the best opportunities he had to show the national and international community

how committed he and his government is in eradicating corruption and bring happiness back to the people,
he did just the opposite. Mockery, denial, self-pity, clarifications, threats of violence or incarcerations,
rewarding ​incompetence and more misery. Or then, if nothing helps, he waves it of and "Can’t be bothered"

So not surprised no news papers or forums are giving much publicity on those stories anymore as
everyone tries to be a: "... good reporter, a quality reporters, and a lovely reporter." of fear of being
unhappy or "summon for a discussion" and attitude adjustment.
Great Leader bah.gif

(Off course it was supposed to be committed but my spellchecker suggested vomited a better option wink.png )

• Like 2

Start from mr. Colin Vard case wheres he had 7 properties stolen by police lawyers, banks, and many attempts on his and his kids lifes.

His 15 years old daughter makes good good job on fb https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForJessieThailand

She got over a million hits and is causing quite a stir. Her campaign gathering motion. Worthwhile checking out the Drummond website.

Only his corrupt enemies will be chased after, his corrupt allies all still walk scott free.

This man is a huge hypocrite and I can't believe there are some naive idiots on here that think he is some kind of savior.

Assuming you are correct, if some corrupt people are jailed, isn't that better than none? At the very least, they can't be re-elected, unless PTP gives them an amnesty.

if thats the way it goes then he must be happy to carve greater chasms in this politically broken and divided country

Any Thais reading this? Don't you get sick of this crap? Now Ed Visa students are getting stung 5000 baht by "Officials" wanting more tea money. Cant you see corruption ruins your country? and nothing is ever done? Wonder why you are still a poor country?

I read this girl's FB link and do feel sorry for her and her brother, but seriously? I believe she should aim a larger portion of her ire toward her 'millionaire father' (as posted in the link to Drummond's site) and his moving some young woman from Roi Et 'shortly after arriving in Thailand' into his 28 million baht 'mansion' (yes, well) just one of his six properties on Phuket, of all places. How many times have we heard this?

The woman from Roiet was employed as a housekeeper and child minder.

if thats the way it goes then he must be happy to carve greater chasms in this politically broken and divided country

Will reconciliation come by letting criminals go unpunished, and at what cost? I don't accept the assumption to start with, it is a perception that arises when "favourite" criminals are prosecuted.

"They're only prosecuting our criminals!" doesn't rate as a reason to stop prosecuting, neither does their followers won't like it.

Will reconciliation come by letting criminals go unpunished, and at what cost? I don't accept the assumption to start with, it is a perception that arises when "favourite" criminals are prosecuted.

"They're only prosecuting our criminals!" doesn't rate as a reason to stop prosecuting, neither does their followers won't like it.

""They're only prosecuting our criminals!" doesn't rate as a reason to stop prosecuting"

No, but it does rate as a major example of injustice in the "justice system". Wasn't the argument that the well-connected were getting away with crimes one of the justifications for the coup?

Why does it matter to you what the Thais do? Isn't it their choices and if they don't chose to prosecute all the bad people what's the use in getting all upset about it?

Every single day I see the law breaking by Thais especially on the roads, but it's not my place to keep on about their laws and their country I don't have PR here, so nothing I can say or feel will make the blindest bit of difference mate.

It's not about what's right and wrong in your farang eyes and views, it's what's right and wrong in the Thais eyes that matter.

Why does it matter to you what the Thais do? Isn't it their choices and if they don't chose to prosecute all the bad people what's the use in getting all upset about it?

Every single day I see the law breaking by Thais especially on the roads, but it's not my place to keep on about their laws and their country I don't have PR here, so nothing I can say or feel will make the blindest bit of difference mate.

It's not about what's right and wrong in your farang eyes and views, it's what's right and wrong in the Thais eyes that matter.

Sounds like the democracy argument in favour of gang rape (We took a vote, she should accept losing gracefully), otherwise known as "I'm alright Jack."

One of the first things I taught my Thai children (and their mother) is that throwing your garbage out the car window is unacceptable. Their childish argument was that it won't make any difference, but that doesn't it make it acceptable. When they came to oz they saw the result of that attitude.

You can sit mute at wrongdoing if you wish. Attitudes can be changed, but first people need to know that things are wrong.

• Like 1