Cheap Automobiles?

thaimee

Hi, I am no closer but the same strategy may work =

My wife (Thai) put word out that we would pay 1000 Baht finders fee. Punters went door knocking asking if the car out front was for sale.

Plenty to choose from.

Pete

New or used? Dealer prices range from province to province apparently. We live in Surat Thani and most people here find it worthwhile to drive to Chumpon or Hat Yai to buy a new car or truck as the savings is substantial, a savings of at least 5,000 baht for a truck. But, Bangkok dealers are the cheapest, usually second hand cars are cheaper there too. A case of the cheapest prices being at the source!

reason for the post was to confirm chiang mai is the cheapest source for second hand car/ pick up. a friend of my GF was told in north can buy very cheap. can't believe quote of forty thousand baht, but then anything is possible. i wondered if there was any truth i guess. thank you very much.

thaimee....used cars are definitely cheaper in Bangkok than Chiangmai or other provinces...I know of dealers who used to scout second-hand cars in Bangkok for re-sale in Chiangmai....happy hunting.... :o

Guest IT Manager

I know that pickup. It isn't so much a pickup as a Fiat 125 Special T with the top and boot rusted away. 40K eh? I sold it for 4K.

Try Farang Advertiser Magazine. Plenty of choices.

Daniels in Pattaya at the moment Mr ######, met him! The Advertiser not got a lot in it at the moment, but its only the first issue so sure it will grow into something worth getting, like the Pattaya Trader is in Pattaya.